Kasa Dimming Switches (With Sensor) - can I use the sensor and the switch as two different t devices/rules

Hoping for some assistance here. I have a handful of Kasa Dimmer Sworches with motion sensors attached (forget the exact model) and I’m wondering if there is a way to treat the motion sensor separately iOS the switch itself.

In theory, I would like to be able to manage the switch independently of the motion sensor so that I can use habitat for scheduling locally rather than relying on the Kasa app or cloud binding.

I know I can just put up a new motion sensor, but trying to knock out two birds with one stone here.

Thanks in Advance

Not 100% sure what you are asking.... Are you wanting to create a driver for the devices you have and want assistance with how to write the driver, or are you wanting to use the built-in or custom Kasa drivers and want to know how to best configure the devices you have?

Oh, and welcome to the Community... :slight_smile:

(I do the community Kasa integration here on Hubitat.) Extensive investigations and testing indicate that the motion/light detection functions on the switch are NOT exposed on the LAN nor WAN interface. They are used internally to the switch only.

Therefore - the simple answer to your question is no.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.