Kasa Built-In App Documentation Feedback

I have just moved from the community Kasa code/driver to the built-in Kasa app. Thanks for the update and the support. The newly installed app is working, and, I thought that I would provide feedback on the "IMPORTANT NOTES" verbiage that appears during the installation:

1. Easy stuff: "comminity" should be "community"
  2. It was unclear to me what was intended by the following three comments ... I think I understand ... but I generally ignored the comment and proceeded with the install. Maybe rephrasing to something like "For the C8, the Kasa built-in app utilizes the C8 hub matter integrated capability." would be clearer. I thought that the Kasa built-in app worked with the C7 hub ... but the last statement seems to disagree.

This integration does not support Matter Devices.
C-8 Hub use the integrated Matter capability.
Other Hubs use the comminity integration

If it is just my understanding is flawed and the Notes are clear ... feel free to ignore this post!

FWIW, regarding your point 2, that does not sound like the correct understanding. What it means is:

• If you have Matter-capable TP-Link devices (Tapo or Kasa--but not all models, and Kasa in particular was sneaky about the Matter changes, e.g., the traditional KP-125 versus the Matter KP-125M), they do not work with this integration.
  • If you have a C-8 (at the time of that writing, or anything C-5 or newer as of now), you can use Hubitat's Matter integration for these devices instead.
  • Older hub models (or really any hub model) can also use a different community integration (the TP-Link Tapo integration) if Matter is not possible on that hub or desired for some reason.

Thanks for the response.

I understand better now with your explanation. Perhaps your text could be used in the "NOTES" sometime in the future?