Just released HS-WX300, is this natively supported

Thank you for the quick reply :wink:
And I also assume that all functions of 700 series will be available too and not limited/capped?

I'm not aware of any functions specific to the 700 series. The Hubitat C-5 happens to not support S2 security (also can be done in 500 series), but that's not specific to this device. You'll get the smaller chip size, lower power consumption, and possibly longer range on the switch regardless of the hub, though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great Thank you so much.

Gonna grab at least two switches for now to play around with :smiley:

Cheers.

That is probably a good thing. I think that security causes trouble in Hubitat.

How so?

1 Like

The extra z-wave network load and problems all seem to be the new security devices. Especially if they are installed without security. I wish it did not exist; it does nothing to help security and everything to load/confuse the z-wave network.

Staff have alluded to that when recommending not to pair with z-wave security just because a device can support it (meaning only a subset of devices would have an actual real-world benefit when paired securely, such as door locks).

But I took that to be more of a general statement re: z-wave networks, not something specific to Hubitat that this hub has trouble with.

1 Like

I have one security device that can only connect 9.6K and it can kiss the repeater that it ignores.

For anyone curious, there are indeed different command classes (0x26/SwitchMultilevel vs. 0x25/SwitchBinary--only difference I saw). Unfortunately, that isn't much help during pairing, at least not if you're using the default S2 security, since it appears Hubitat only looks at the non-secure command classes when generating/matching the fingerprint. Fortunately, they used a different deviceId, too, so they can match on that reliably. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree.

Oh, and also, I've released a custom driver (or really two) for this switch in case anyone is interested. Hubitat's built in WD-200+ driver should work (at least in dimmer mode), as mentioned above, but if you want a custom driver for some reason (like being able to use all 5 taps in each direction)...

2 Likes

Thank you so much for this.

I apologize for this noob question and I should've asked this before purchasing this device but can z-wave talk/control zigbee devices? I have a sonoff device (zigbee) connected to my garage door opener and I would like to control it with this device.

Currently I just use the hubitat dashboard to control the garage door.

Could probably write a quick rule to take a event generated from the zwave device and initiate an action by the zigbee device.

Are you referring to rule machine? I've never tried using it. I'm basically using my hub/devices for very basic things :frowning:

I would like to take advantage of the features this switch has via the multiple taps/press to execute different automations/scenes as shown in this video https://youtu.be/aTvkOmiyHCc But all of my devices are zigbee (door contacts, outlets/plugs).

Sounds very doable. Might need to use a button controller to get the access to the multiple press combinations, but outside of that just. matter linking th button press to an action via a rule. Rule machine can be a little complex, but start simple and get one or two things working and then build on it. Give it a shot, and if you get stuck holler - plenty of help here.

1 Like

Oh wow.. Perfect.. I received mine yesterday and was about to start the driver process today…

This is the way to do multiple personalities :joy:

1 Like

Give the rule machine a shot. It will be fun.