Just got my Hubitat running this week, and i noticed something

When I powered up my Hubitat and got it registered, etc. As I was going through SmartThings to exclude some bulbs and noticed I suddenly had a Hue Hub in my list of devices. I do not have a hue hub, or even any hue lights. Everything is Cree, GE, or Sengled. So my question is this (more from curiosity, but also potential uses later), is the Habitat recognized as a Hue hub? If so, can I then assume if I wanted to use hue bulbs or other hue products in the future I don't need to use a hue hub with them, but still have full functionality with them?

It is recognized as a Hue bulb in ST. In fact if you look at the device ID in the ST IDE you will see it matches your Hubitat MAC address. You can ignore it in ST. It was setup this way for local integrations.

1 Like

Ahh, I thought it was kinda weird. Im hoping to be migrated off ST completely in a few weeks, once I know everything will work so my wife wont go nuts! I was just getting serious about it when they put that new app out and I just can't stand it. So far i'm very impressed with my Hubitat. Seems much smoother than ST ever did since I started using it. Thanks for the quick reply!

2 Likes

It’s part of the ST forced discovery which automatically picks up devices. I have read many posts on ST regarding this where people are constantly having to remove devices they don’t want.

You will enjoy the HE, I’ve been fully migrated since March and enjoy it. Make sure you download and purchase the $5 Pushover app so you can receive push notifications. Until HE releases their mobile app that is one important missing piece. There is an app to route these through ST also but I found ST might not always send or it would be delayed.

3 Likes