Just got my hub and a quick question

Cheap for plugs, Ikea Tradfri $10 in the US, good repeaters for cheap sensors. They are zigbee.

1 Like

thanks are those only at ikea, I just see bulbs or the whole kit?

1 Like

thanks I saw that too was just unsure if they were elsewhere (no ikea here). Will look to see how to get them to ship cheaper :slight_smile:

Ah! I misunderstood the question.

Yes, this model is only at Ikea.

1 Like

the securifi peanut plugs connect to hubitat without a separate hub right? the hubitat is the hub :slight_smile:

Peanut are not good for Xiaomi if you have plans to get cheap sensors too

1 Like

are the ikea ones good for cheap sensors?
i hate paying shipping - so spoiled with amazon since I already pay for prime.
as an aside, so cool that amazon tells you what devices you need to buy something (it only knows what you bought on amazon but still cool)

Yes.

1 Like

Should have asked this earlier. do you need the control to pair the plugs to hubitat?

Nop, I just installed one plug yesterday, just use a paperclip to pair

1 Like

ok cool so do the reset, then have it close to the hub and discover devices. my first device i am pairing with hubitat (I am a noob :)). No need to exclude?
ty for quick reply!

Nop, the plug you have to press and hold until you see the light changes, then you should see it in HE

1 Like

got it thanks! I assume you pair it and then move it to a location within range. pairing needs to be close, communication farther.

Yes, it's your first plug, next plug you can have it connected to the first plug so you can extend your mesh.

1 Like

got it. thank you! how far do you usually spread out your plugs. I have a use for the first 2 for sure, then going to use the rest to extend to my smart lock that is 40 feet away from the hub. ty again for your help!

Depends the house or area, you can go to settings, zigbee details, zigbee logging and look your rssi and lqi, rssi is in minus so the higher the negative number is worst, the lower the negative number is better, -50 is better than-70, I will not have anything higher than -80, lqi is a positive number related to the interference, top is 255, if you have more than 240 is good, i have most of my devices with -75 or less and lqi in 254 and 255.

Good luck

1 Like

cool thanks! Will report back. ty for your help. this is super easy to do!

1 Like

If it is in a straight line it should be fine, i have presence sensors that pickup the signal like 80ft away

1 Like

I am replying late in this thread but also am pro Sengled bulbs as well. Also echo the sentiment about using switches or behind the switch relays as a better alternative where ever possible. I have come around to some use-cases though.

As I've posted elsewhere I have 2 sconces over our bed. They have switches in the base. Sadly the bases are too far to reach comfortably from the bed so I added some inexpensive SmartThings Smart Buttons. Everything works great!

I have HUE but decided to simplify and removed it and went with Sengled bulbs. All good so far.

I do have some color changing Sengled bulbs in our porch light even though it's controlled by an older behind the switch relay just so I can change colors based on holidays etc.

1 Like