Just got a myq garage door opener

I've been lurking in the post to see if there is a solution to adding my q to hubitat. I haven't found anything (maybe I'm not looking in the right place) yet. Has anyone been able to find a solution? Step by step would be great. I was previously using "go linear" but my old chamberlain opener was broken. Got the myq thinking I could just easily add to hubitat only to learn the total opposite. Thanks in advance

@Startrak140
Hubitat package manager has a my q integration. Curious though why you went to a device that is cloud integrated vs something like a zooz zen-16 w/ an ecolink tilt sensor instead that could be controlled 100% locally. (Can even ■■■ a keypad on the outside of the garage door)

Note: My Q can be problematic as they don't have a public API and stuff has had to be reverse engineered. Every time they change something you run the risk of using MY Q in HE.

1 Like

I use the MyQ integration and it works quite well. The instructions are OK. I did purchase the separate tilt sensor to improve Hubitat performance.

Why MyQ. I use Amazon to deliver a lot of packages (73 years old, pre-existing conditions) plus I travel when safe. Their prime service allows orders to be dropped in Garage. This precludes package theft. I know I am reliant on the cloud for MyQ operations - but there is still the old button / garage opener interface available as a backup.

PS - I had other options; including a bleBox device sitting in my test bed. I really wanted garage delivery.

3 Likes

The myq integration? Is that the my q app you're talking about?

Where do I find the myq integration in the hubitat manager?

Yes. Follow the instructions. I use a separate tilt-sensor to determine open-close. Cleanest solution. Brand does not really matter.

1 Like

Install from here as Raw

1 Like

Let us know if you have trouble installing the package manager

Simplest method:

• Open HPM.
  • Select Install
  • Select "Search by Keywords"
  • Enter "MyQ" - select next.
    This display the MyQ integration for download.
3 Likes

When I install the package manager it's asks to "Match installed apps and Drivers" as expected. When I click next I get "error logging in to hub".
I've tried:
Not enabling hub security
Entering my account login for hub security which I verified correct
Creating a new login within the hub and using that.

All failed. Any ideas?

1 Like

Nomally it's hub security that gets that message,. I would post to @csteele in the Hubitat Package Manager thread.

1 Like

Thanks. I finally found the correct URL to install from, couldn't find it on the github page. Was installing fromnthe downloaded ZIP file which is missing libraries.

Working now! Thanks again.

2 Likes

My issue is that I will see the door as open at an odd time or closes but doesn't show as closed in hubitat. The actual MyQ app will show it as closed. I had done my own with a switch previously but went this route for Amazon as well.

Get a separate tilt sensor that integrates into Hubitat.

3 Likes

Yeah, hubitat can't see the oem my q tilt sensor. You need one like the Ecolink tilt sensor for it to register in hubitat.

3 Likes

I get that and do still have the sensor reporting that I had before. If the MyQ app sees it as closed, then Hubitat should show the same information as it pulls it's information from MyQ.

No, Hubitat and the MyQ app within Hubitat cannot see the MyQ built-in sensor. That sensor only reports back to MyQ app.

It is not possible for Hubitat to see what MyQ has actually done, it is guessing that if you open the door, the next time you activate it the door should be closing. But sometimes reality conflicts with the guess that Hubitat made.

The extra sensor is required to get the actual status into Hubitat. Everyone in every MyQ thread says the same thing, if you want door status to be correct you must use a Zigbee or Z-wave sensor that is outside of the MyQ ecosystem.

3 Likes

Or, get rid of MyQ and use a tilt sensor along with a relay. There are multiple apps that combine both devices, for simple use in Hubitat.

I just did this and MyQ is in the trash.

3 Likes

I did that a long time ago. It is a lot more reliable and you have local control instead of cloud based stuff that can change, or go away. In my case I use a Zooz Zen17 and Smartthings tilt sensor.

1 Like

As @jkudave Zen 16 or 17 or MHCozy 2 channel + Ecolink tilt sensor > than My Q and runs 100% locally with no cloud involved.

2 Likes