Juno Connect control of color temp

I am experimenting with a new Juno Connect Zigbee light. Got it at Lowe's today. I successfully paired it on Hubitat but I do not see a way to adjust the color temperature.

I also tried connecting it via my Hue hub integration but the Hue hub just shuts the light off. :slight_smile:

At least on Hubitat I can turn it on and off ... but only from the device control itself. I can't add the Juno light to a dashboard.

Not sure what to do now.

Welcome to the Hubitat forums!

What driver (device type) did this pair with? Did you try any other drivers, and hit "configure" after switching drivers? Sometimes the Generic Zigbee works better than the Advanced Zigbee drivers and other times it works better the other way around.

Edit: not sure if this is a RGB bulb, dimming bulb, or what???

You have to authorize the bulb to be on a dashboard. Did you go to Apps, select your dashboard app where you want the bulb, Choose Devices, then Done? At that point you can go to the actual dashboard and add a tile for this bulb.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for writing back.

I did try several different zigbee drivers besides the "advanced zigbee bulb" it wanted to use. The others don't correctly operate the on, off, or dimming controls.

So I went back to the one that at least operates the fixture.

This bulb does color temperature control, 2700 to 5000. But only, if course, if you know what bit to send it. Guess it can't work with Hubitat unless someone codes a new driver.

Oh, and yes.... I tried to make the bulb available to the dashboard array ... but it doesn't appear in the list to select from.

It only appears in the device list, not from any menus in the application tab.

Did you hit the Configure button after each attempt?

Try and restart Hubitat?

No reason it shouldn't be in the device list once you have it paired with the hub. The only time I have seen this is when you go back pages without refreshing, and it has a cached copy of the webpage in memory.

And just to be sure we are talking about the same thing, you did try to add the device to dashboard in this page, right? And it didn't show up there?

https://docs.hubitat.com/images/b/b1/Dashboard_v4_choose_devices.png

Hello again and thanks for your continued interest in and suggestions towards improving my Hubitat setup.

The "dev" driver for Zigbee CT lamps does work after a 2nd try.

Yes, I did use the save and config options... but it's sticky now and can be made to operate this new Juno lamp perfectly, from the manual controls for this lamp within the devices menu.

The other problem still remains, however.

The Juno lamp device does NOT appear on the list in the Apps menu for incorporation into a dashboard. No amount of resetting the Hubitat hub made any difference.

I do have other zigbee devices in there and they work fine, as well as a LARGE number of zwave devices, plus Lutron and Hue integrations, etc.

My Hubitat setup works very well except for this issue ... which I have seen before when trying to associate Cree bulbs as well as a Lutron device. In those two cases, I had to 'connect' the device in question externally via the integrations, and not 'directly' in Hubitat.

I would also have put this new Juno lamp in via Hue, but, Hue doesn't recognize the device correctly, while Hubitat now does. All I have to do is get the thing to be controllable other than by me doing it manually.

For clarity, the 'bug' I am seeing is that a newly discovered device does not appear in the list to be added to existing dashboards, from that control in the apps tab.

Instead, the newly discovered device can be added only to a NEW dashboard crated AFTER the device has been recognized by Hubitat ... and ...

... the newly discovered device CAN be added to new or existing automations.

That is very odd. And probably very few people have seen this, which is why there aren't any responses.

I would file a support case at support@hubitat.com and see if they have any suggestions.

Resetting the lamp and reconnecting it from scratch solved the issues seen.

The remaining issues with control of this Juno Connect lamp are probably driver-related.

The "Generic Zigbee CT lamp (dev)" driver works fine as a manual device controller but cannot correctly function when either called from an automation command or from a dashboard tile.

This new lamp promises to be very popular as it is the right size, is bright and nicely made, has BT and Zigbee connectivity options, is sold at a good price at the 'big box' stores, and is supported from SmartThings, Alexa, and Hey Google environments as well as smart phone applications.

I just got one of these tonight and was able to pair it to one of my hubs. It defaults to the Advanced Zigbee bulb. There's no Manufacturers data offered. I even switched to Device driver and did a Get Info resulting in an Unknown device message.

Switching to the Advanced Zigbee CT Bulb driver got everything working, including setting the Color Temp (2702 - 5000) even from the dashboard.

Factory reset is a difficult detail to find... so I'll mention it here: 5 power cycles cause the light to blink 3 times and it's 'factory reset.' To pair, I did the same, 5 power cycles. They can be at any speed. I tried ultra quick and very slow, both speeds worked the same.

dev:271 2021-12-27 06:13:26.766 pm debug getting info for unknown Zigbee device...
sys:1 2021-12-27 06:12:40.723 pm Zigbee Discovery Stopped
dev:271 2021-12-27 06:12:33.448 pm info Advanced Zigbee Bulb level was set to 20%
dev:271 2021-12-27 06:12:33.039 pm info Advanced Zigbee Bulb level was set to 100%
dev:271 2021-12-27 06:12:32.649 pm info Advanced Zigbee Bulb was turned on
dev:271 2021-12-27 06:12:32.502 pm debug finished options testing...
dev:271 2021-12-27 06:12:30.270 pm debug starting options testing...
sys:1 2021-12-27 06:12:27.281 pm Created Zigbee Device Advanced Zigbee Bulb
dev:27 12021-12-27 06:12:27.234 pm warn configure...
sys:1 2021-12-27 06:12:26.331 pm Initializing Zigbee Device 88571DFFFE6389B4, E3BF
sys:1 2021-12-27 06:12:18.121 pm Zigbee Discovery Running
sys:1 2021-12-27 06:12:15.549 pm Zigbee Discovery Stopped
sys:1 2021-12-27 06:11:15.598 pm Zigbee Discovery Running
--- Live Log Started, waiting for events ---

Screen Shot 2021-12-27 at 6.13.42 PM

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Juno-Connected-Wafer-Integrated-LED-6-in-75-Watt-Equivalent-Matte-White-Round-Dimmable-Canless-Recessed-Downlight/5000183151

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.