Jasco Zwave Plus Dimmer (with Double Tap)

I am porting a ST DTH and have successfully gotten most of the functionality including doubletaps working. There is only one thing that is generating errors. When turning lights on or off there seems to be a difference with how hubitat parses the incoming events. See the parse method and the log pics below that show the difference.

Parse method (6th line down is where I log the value being stored in cmd):

def parse(String description) {
    log.debug "description: $description"
    def result = null
    def cmd = zwave.parse(description, [0x20: 1, 0x25: 1, 0x26: 3, 0x56: 1, 0x70: 2, 0x72: 2, 0x85: 2])
    if (cmd) {
        log.info cmd
        result = zwaveEvent(cmd)
        log.debug "Parsed ${cmd} to ${result.inspect()}"
    } else {
        log.debug "Non-parsed event: ${description}"
    }
    result    
}

ST logs (see circled in red):

Hubitat logs:

The hubitat does not include the value parameter that is sent in ST. This results in errors creating switch events because there is no value to process. Any ideas @mike.maxwell?

I am having same issue trying to port over the EcoNet Vent. Hubitat is having issue with the switch multilevel report version 3. I changed it to version 1 and it’s working fine.

1 Like

I’m more familiar with zigbee configurations. How would you edit the following to make it V1?

*Link removed as no longer valid

@chuck.schwer any pointers you can provide would be appreciated. Also is there any way we can view the driver for the generic zwave dimmer? That would definitely be a guide for me.

in line 4 of your first post, change
0x26: 3
to
0x26: 2

ie:

def cmd = zwave.parse(description, [0x20: 1, 0x25: 1, 0x26: 2, 0x56: 1, 0x70: 2, 0x72: 2, 0x85: 2])

1 Like

I thought it was something simple.
I had to change line 245 and 250 to v2 as well…but it works perfectly now.

Thank you!!

3 Likes

Ah yes, glad you figured it out. I created an issue for us to fix v3 of SwitchMultilevelReport.

3 Likes

@chuck.schwer was the SwitchMultilevelReport v3 issue ever resolved?

Yes

2 Likes

@JasonJoelOld :point_up_2:

Thanks Mike.

1 Like

^ What he said.. although I will say that there are no differences between V3 and V2 and V1 of SwitchMultilevelReport.

1 Like