Jasco smart switch

Greetings, I just switched to Hubitat a few weeks ago and plan to add smart switches around the house to control outside lights and some inside for "looks like someone is home" when we are away.

I added GE Enbrighten switches first and this was relatively easy.

I then bought 4 of these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08MDDPXSF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1

And can't get the hub to recognize them. First, I'm not sure what model these actually are, Of the 4 I bought, 2 were Honeywell, 2 were UltraPro. The number on the box points to a paddle switch add on device.

I've wired them correctly, they work as manual switches.

Is there something I'm missing or are these just bad.

Add-on devices aren't standalone devices, and can't be paired to the hub - they can only be used with another smart dimmer/switch in a 3 or 4 way implementation. So it is important to know what device it is specifically, before you go chasing your tail (so to speak).

Might want to physically look at the device and get the model #s off of them to verify they are NOT add-on switches. Add-on switches are easy to spot, though, as they don't have anywhere to put the line/load wires.... :slight_smile:

If they are regular devices, but won't pair, then try shutting down the hub from the menu, unplugging the hub for a minute, and powering back on. After it boots try pairing again.

If you have had unsuccessful pairings you may also have "ghost" devices that are a result of a failed pairing and can hurt your zwave mesh. You can tell that by looking at the zwave settings page and looking for devices with no Clusters information.

Only Ultra-Pro toggle listed:

https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/4006

If you ordered two of the same from amazon and got two different products I'd probably send them back.

Did they look like they were possibly installed? If so maybe they're still paired to a hub.

My .02 is send them back and order some Zooz switches. Price is very comparable and they're very good switches.

Thanks, they all have load/line wiring. They were advertised, even on the box as single or double pole.

I rebooted the hub and attempted to pair again but nothing. I don't think I have had unsuccessful pairings, the Hub doesn't see the device to attempt pairing.

How do I find z wage pager?

Two were clearly refurbished but the first Honeywell didn't looked used. I've tried factory resetting them anyway.

Sorry, that should have been page. In the hub - settings, zwave details.

Next thing I would try is factory resetting the device. Should be in the instructions - but most jasco devices are 3up/3down. You should see the light flash if successful.

Then re-pair.

Thanks. None of that has worked. I'll try the other switches and if still nothing I'll return them.

Return all the switches you got, sounds like multiple things are wrong with them. BTW, in the future you can quickly tell the "smart" switch from the "add-on" dummy switch by looking for the Z-wave or Zigbee logo on the back of the switch case. If you don't see either of those logos, then it's a dummy switch for multiple pole installations with a primary smart switch.

My suggestion, order these just released Enbrighten Z-wave Plus v2 switches (Series 700 chip) or any other series 700 version switch from another vendor.

Have you successfully included any other z-wave devices?

I have purchased the following Honeywell/UltraPro switches from Amazon and they work perfectly fine, easy to pair, respond quickly.

UltraPro Z-Wave Plus Smart Light Switch, In-Wall White Paddles Built-In Repeater Range Extender ZWave Hub Required - Alexa and Google Assistant Compatible, 39348

Yes, I added two GE Enbrighten switches without much trouble. I moved them from Wink to Hubitat and just needed a factory reset.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.