Jasco 45705 Z-Wave Outlet

I wanted a cheap Z-Wave outlet to plug a few devices into that were in a difficult to reach location that I might need to periodically reboot. I found a Jasco 45705 Z-Wave outlet on fleabay. Even though it was an old device it was still in the sealed box. I figured Z-Wave was pretty much Z-Wave and didn't think to check the compatibility list.

Well, I can't get Hubitat to acquire it. Has anyone used one of these before? Just wondering if it is truly incompatible or if this one is simply bad out of the box and I can get it exchanged by the seller.

Thanks in advance for the help

I have a bunch of GE branded 45605 Z-Wave outlets that work ok w/ HE. They don't always update their status correctly but apparently that's a known thing with these (see here).

Have you tried putting the hub very close to the outlet and then pairing it?

Also try to exclude it, reboot hub, try pairing. Shouldn't have to reboot, but sometimes it helps. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Thanks so much @rvrolyk and @JasonJoel

The outlet is about 20 feet from the hub. First I tried pulling it out of the wall for better reception and then I tried moving my hub right next to the outlet. In fact I plugged the hub into the non-zwave side of the outlet. I did try excluding the outlet. And, I know the hub rebooted when I moved it right next to the outlet :slight_smile:

At least I know that it should work. Now my next step is to throw the breaker to reboot the outlet and see if that helps.

Thanks again

Thanks again. Power cycling the circuit breaker that powered the outlet fixed the problem :smiley:

2 Likes

If all else fails, reboot. Lol

1 Like