"it looks like the habitat is unavailable right now"

I don't have a solution for this commonly requested topic but have some useful information (I think) to add. If this is actually solved, sorry for the repost (and someone please redirect me because this bug is terrible!)

The problem has been reported as Google integration intermittently being able to control Habitat devices and Google responds to the commands with "it looks like the habitat is unavailable right now."

I may have a different problem but in our home, we find that I am able to control all the devices with voice commands to Google, but others in our household are not. Some time ago this started failing to work for my wife, which was really confusing and annoying a d recently it's started failing for our daughter, too. Now it seems I'm the only one who can reliably use voice commands to manage these devices.

Any help would obviously be appreciated, but it seems (for us) to be a problem with voice recognition and some people not having full access to the habitat.

This has nothing to do with Hubitat, HE cannot do anything to restrict access to voice commands on your Google devices.

There are personalization options on Google speakers, those may be restricting use of voice commands.

1 Like

I understand that, and I suspect this has to do (right now, at least) with Google restructuring and removing features from Google assistant.

It's still nearly impossible to diagnose and has frequently discussed on these forums without easy solutions (and there seem to be no good Google home/assistant forums to discuss is our research, so I shared here)