Issues with Webcore pistons not firing (or partially firing) after C-8 Upgrade

I did not pay enough attention to Webcore when I upgraded from my C7 to the C8 hub and now I'm paying the price. I did have initial problems getting into Webcore right after I did the install. Logged out and cleared all registered browsers and that seemed to do the trick. I can get in and everything seems to be correct and working on the surface.

That said, pistons are not performing as well as they did before the hub upgrade, including sometimes not firing at all. I'm thinking it's because I never did a fresh install of the built-in version of Webcore in my Hubitat C8. I'm using version v0.3.114.

I'd like to back-up my pistons, uninstall my current version of Webcore from my C8 hub, reinstall the built-in version of Webcore, and then restore the pistons. I'm concerned that devices might not be recognized and that I'll have to rebuild my 27 pistons from scratch if I do so.

Any feedback and/or recommendations on how I should proceed to get Webcore working like it used to would be great. Also, if I do the reinstall as stated above, will it be an issue recognizing the devices and cause me to have to rebuild everything from scratch?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I think you want to look at webcore logs and see what events are firing.

First thought is your zwave / device network has not settled down after the upgrade, or you may have ghosts.

You should look at the webcore logs, and check the status of your zwave network if using zwave devices.

Thanks for the feedback. I do have z-wave and even more zigbee devices.

Are you referring to the logs that I can turn on for each individual piston? I just flipped on medium logging for a couple of pistons that have clearly had issues.

yes, webcore logs should show the events the piston receives, and you can use the webcore IDE to view them and the execution trace.

Havent seen anything that seems unusual in the webcore logs.

I'm wondering if anyone knows specifically what will happen if i do as described in my first post above, which is:

1. Backup my pistons
  2. Uninstall the webcore apps
  3. Reinstall them
  4. Restore the pistons

... Does anyone know if the pistons will "recognize the devices in Webcore" and run correctly?

I imagine when i have to reselect the devices after the reinstall, they will have new device ID's which will make them not recognizable by the pistons that where built from the devices before the unistall. Is that right?

Again, thanks for anyone who might be able to shed light on this potential solution to my problem.

I'm not sure of the problem you are having, it would be good to see a piston and logs that show the problem.

Without knowing this it is hard to know if backup / restore will help you resolve it...