Issues with latest Scenes app

I had some ancient Scenes apps that never worked exactly how I wanted so decided to scrap them this weekend and start from scratch using the latest version. I have three scenes in the living room, essentially super bright (for wife), normal human brightness, and dim for TV viewing (some lights are even off).

Frequently, after pushing the scene activator button, it immediately turns back off. Maybe half the time it comes back on and stays on, even though the lights are correctly lit per the scene levels. If I want to turn the lights off, i have to click the scene activator button again, hope it stays on, then click yet again to get the lights to turn off.

Scenes are pretty straightforward so I'm wondering if this is a known issue, or did I manage to screw up something that's idiot proof?

So, I don't use groups and scenes. I do everything with rules. Can you post some screenshots of things, so I can get an idea of how you're triggering them? Do you have a button programmed? If so, can you screenshot that too? I'd like to see exactly what you're dealing with so that I can see if I can replicate the problem.

appreciate the response! My scenes are pretty straight forward. Not sure why they have trouble keeping the scene activator button on (today, at this moment, this button IS working). Images below - thanks again for the help!

To your comment about using rules...I couldn't think of a rule to satisfy my needs. Perhaps you have some ideas to think about it differently.

• three scenes in the same room with varying levels of dimmer
  • only one scene at a time can be active
  • one dashboard tile per scene (I use sharptools), each is a switch that controls activation/deactivation of that scene
  • if another scene is activated, current scene tile switches to off

1 Like

Hey @april.brandt wondering if you had a chance to check this out. Maybe you have some ideas on a better rule to pursue. Thanks again!

my apologies, I didn't get a notification of your reply, I'll bookmark it and look at it either at lunch or this evening and try to come up with something or see if I can recreate your issue. Thanks for tagging me and reminding me of it.

1 Like

no, thank YOU!

when you push the button, do you get logging on what happens? Can you turn on all logging for your scene and for the button and see if you can recreate the issue and then post the logs, please?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.