Issue with time based rule

I am another recent convert form Iris and while I was a little intimidated by some of the discussions I read before the switch I am having a good experience with the move overall. I currently only have to GE switches to move over. I want to move them last so that I can be confident that I can replicate the current Sunset to Sunrise event for them to be ON.

This brings me to the reason for this post. While the Sunrise to Sunset seems easy, I am having an issue in both RM and Simple Lighting related to these and maybe just timing overall. I had an issue with using Sunset to Sunrise so I tried to pare down and use two different time periods to cover each "day" that is to be covered. This seemed to be working yesterday but is not this morning

Here are the conditions in the Rule I am looking at. As you can see the two time conditions are showing TRUE, when the time they were taken was a little after 10:00 AM EDT. Based on this, I would expect both of the time based conditions to be FALSE. I have also attached a capture to show that I am set to US/Eastern time.

Once I have this figured out I will be able to have my system fully converted to HE, with the exception of the Security portion as all items were Iris V1, but I wasn't actively using it at the time of the Iris shutdown so I can wait to build that back up.

Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong and how to fix is appreciated.

Could you post the full rule?

I should eliminate the time in conditions and add it in restrictions, from sunset -10 minutes to sunrise +10 minutes

I suggest deleting the rule and create it from scratch.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response vjv. I deleted and created a new rule using time restrictions instead (copied below.) I tested and the lights still came on even though the time is currently almost 11 AM.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, what time does your hub show when you go to Settings > Hub Details?

OK - figured out the the restrictions is an exclude and I needed to reverse my thinking to NOT turn the lights on between Sunrise and Sunset. That is working now. Thanks vjv.

2 Likes

Hub shows 10:59:36 AM EDT. SO I can't figure out why the original conditions were showing TRUE. I may play around with times a little bit to see if I can figure it out.

1 Like

Seems to be an issue with Sunrise/Sunset within Conditions. The first image is using Sunset to 11:59 PM and shows as TRUE when it should be FALSE. For the second I changed the time to 7:30 PM to 11:59 PM and it correctly shoes as FALSE.

Hmmmm, that's weird. Mine doesn't do that. Weird request, can you try rebooting your hub and see if it still does it?

Thanks @corerootedxb - the reboot worked! Strange since nothing changed with the Hub time. I think I'll be using the time in restrictions but wanted to get that resolved for peace of mind.

On to moving over the GE switched when I get a chance.

Thanks for the input. Looking forward to improving and expanding my current small HA setup with HE.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.