Is this an addiction?

The only C5 hubs I have are two UK prototypes which are not on that list.
My hubs are C3 & C4 so I have never migrated from 4-5

You are correct C3 or C4 -> C4 is just a case of restoring a backup and moving the dongles.
(Which I have done a couple of times without problems)

I’m not sure that C4 -> C5 is possible without reconnecting all the zigbee devices.
Moving the stick would just move the z-wave as I don’t think the internal zigbee would be disabled when a zigbee stick is connected (as the internal z-wave is)

Personally, I would buy a ‘spare’ C4 (which I believe may still be available) to keep as a backup

@bobbyD can probably advise.

Andy

1 Like

Yeah I've asked if C4 are still available, had my first hub lockup overnight so would like to be prepared for the worst.

A hub lockup doesn’t mean that there is anything wrong with the hardware.
It’s MUCH more likely to be software related

Andy

1 Like

Oh yeah for sure, but I'd like to be prepared IF at some point the hardware needs replacing as the wait for shipping / import from the US for a replacement could be some time.

In most cases I have cold spares of all my other hubs (unless they are readily available in the UK). So makes sense to get one sorted for HE too ..... just the expense of it was a bit off-putting.

In terms of this particular hub lockup though, all my HA is modular with hubs just used as radio gateways .... so my HE only runs Maker API App and mostly built in drivers (apart from a couple of self-written simple ZigBee ones), all logging turned off, so it's pretty lightly loaded. This is the only lockup I've had since I got HE (just over a year ago) and a reboot brought it back to life, so I don't think there's anything particularly amiss that needs investigating.

LOL, funny you say that. I actually told her that I setup the entire house for less than the cost of one of her Louis Vuitton's. Of course I've exceeded that now but I'll start in on her shoes if it comes up again.

2 Likes

Sales hooked me up with a couple of stick-less C4 hubs, one for a cold spare and one for testing / dev purposes. Got a Nortek ZigBee / Z-Wave dongle too for good measure.

Ok, I feel better now.. delta of 2 BUT still I feel better. Nice having that great sale come along just in time. :smiley: :crazy_face::crazy_face:

3 Likes

Hey!
two of mine are dev hubs.. only 5 in production :slight_smile:

1 Like

:sob:

3 of mine are Production. Same three from the very beginning of my multihub adventure. ZeeRadio Upper + ZeeRadioLower + ThirdHubitat.

FourthHubitat is my Development Hub and now 5th is HubConnected to 4th. Because I NEED an independent HubConnect 'array' for testing... I do NEED it, right? :pleading_face:

4 Likes

I agree.... it IS an addiction :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Peer pressure is how people get into this mess.

I just placed an order for 2 more hubs, effectively making me an official multihubber.

I requested one of them be a C4 if possible, for a spare. I'm going to follow the trend and use one hub as a controller that holds all the apps, and another to hold the devices.

3 Likes

Welcome to the MultiHub Club :smiley:

1 Like

You need to get one more to fill in that glaring gap in the ip address (no...67)

1 Like

.67 is the Lutron Smartbridge PRO. :smiley:

But thanks for playing :smiley:

3 Likes