Is there efficeny changes to this rule?

I made this rule, its big, but I think simple.

Basicy my Inovelly and Zooz lights have a color setup,

in order
Door(s) open they all flash = Red,
if the garage is open = purple/pink
if the doors are unlocked = yellow
everything is closed and locked = green
if everything is good but night mode = blue

I found that whenever a light turns on , some of my old Inovelli switches do not refresh, so if any of those lights go on/off it checks the status and goes though the statements.

is there anything I can or should do to re-write this to make it smoother? obviously it checks a lot as things happen in the house, but again, the Inovelli's.

Yes, it's a lot; you'll want to watch hub load to see whether it's a problem. What I've found with the Zooz scene controller is that if you slam it with too many LED calls at once, it will sometimes reboot and toggle the relay (even on smart bulb mode!). I find it safer to put a slight delay between calls, just to make sure it doesn't get overwhelmed.

Here's mine:

If several of these things might change at about the same time, you might consider putting a condition on each of those triggers that Private Boolean is false, then in the rule actions, set Private Boolean true at the beginning and false at the end. That would prevent multiple simultaneous triggers from causing multiple partial executions before one finally makes it to the end.

1 Like

I'll look into that. i dont think I get all that many spikes.. when I move around, everything is responsive. but good idea on the delays.