Is there anyway to return all device parameters and their current values?

I have a zen32 scene controller and I want to see what the current setting for parameter 19 is set to. ( The one that turns the relay on or off).

I've been searching the forums for a while but I can't find anything. Is there a way to get this information in a custom driver?

I want to check the value for some automation.

Update:

I want parameter 19 exposed as an attribute in the drive so I can use it in a condition.

"Basic Z-Wave Tool" will do this.
It's a user driver.
Substitute for the real one, do your stuff, and then substitute back.

Thank you for the suggestion, however it's not exactly what I am looking for. I want parameter 19 exposed as an attribute in the drive so I can use it in a condition. This looks like a useful tool when you're trying to learn the values of a device.

Not without a custom driver, one that exposes this as an attribute. If you wanted to go down that route and need a stating point, I wrote one available here. I can't say this seems like something I'd want to add to my driver myself. :slight_smile: But it would be a small modification (declare a custom attribute, then set its value in the zwaveEvent() method that responds to the ConfigurationReport you should get when the value actually changes -- is all it seems like to me).

:wink: this is the one I am looking at right now. LOL

This is what I thought as well. I am really new to this so I am trying to read through the docs on how to set custom attributes and junk.

Is there a good source of documentation to help me learn this?

This document was recently published and is intended to help with the Z-Wave aspect of this specific question:

However, as mentioned there, there are some things you'll need to know about the general environment if you don't already. There are links at the beginning of the article to those.

One thing probably not well covered (yet) is custom attributes. You'll need to add a line like:

attribute "myAttribubteName", "NUMBER"
(or "STRING" or another valid type, depending on what you want)

somewhere inside the definition in the driver. Right before the fingerprint lines would work.

Beyond that, it's a matter of sendEvent() to set this value (name is the name of your attribute) at the right time (likely in the zwaveEvent() method I mentioned above when the parameter number matches what you're after).

OMG! Thank you so much. This is the part I was struggling to find. I was able to get send event to work but without the attribute I had no place to store and retrieve it. Thanks.