Is there any way to get HSM to play an audio file?

I've been playing around with various things, just to learn how HE operates. I have a RM rule that, when triggered by motion sensors, plays a WAV file of an alarm on various speakers around the house, via the playTrack function. This works very well in my testing.

Whilst playing around with HSM, I have noticed that it can perform text alerts, speech alerts and light alerts (all of which work perfectly), but there doesn't seem to be any way to action a playTrack function via HSM, like I can with RM.

Ideally if the motion detectors are triggered whilst HSM is Armed Away, I'd like to notify my mobile phone, flash all the lights, and play the alarm WAV file.

Am I missing something in HSM? Is there another way to do this (perhaps by calling an RM rule from within HSM)? Or am I approaching this in the wrong way?

It would seem like this could be a useful function for HSM, if available

I have one of my laptops set as a media server, which I use mostly just to play MP3s through various Alexa devices around the house. In theory, I could trigger a "voice command as text" to Alexa via Hubitat to play a specific WAV file in addition to the flashing lights and such.

There's probably a better solution, but this would be the approach I take given my current setup. It would only take a few minutes to put this together in a new rule.

I do have a Sonos speaker sat next to a Google Nest Hub on the desk in my study. I guess I could have the Sonos speak "Hey Google, play Alarm on all speakers", but that seems pretty clunky.

You can have an RM rule triggered by a change in HSM status or an HSM alert. If the motion detectors are monitored by HSM they should trigger an intruder alert if armed. Would that work?

Perfect! I didn't realise that I could specify an HSM alert to trigger an RM rule! That's the bit I was missing. Thanks @brad5 :+1:

It is indeed an option within HSM. You presumably have one or more "music devices"? If you select them within the "Audio Alerts" section, there should be an option for "set track name to play". Simply put a link to your wav file and it will play when the HSM alert is triggered.

1 Like

I didn't notice that option - I'll check tomorrow, thanks!

However I only have 1 music device (Sonos). I have several other Google speakers which don't show up as music devices, although I can play wav files on them all via the RM rule