Is there an app that reports on rule machine rule state?

Hey all. I’m looking for a way to send myself a notification every time a rule is paused or resumed. I need the notification to contain the rule name, whether it was paused or resumed, and the time it changed.

If something like this doesn’t already exist, do you have any suggestions on where I can find documentation on getting rule names via code?

You can create a trigger for Rule Paused.

As it stands at the moment, the rule name is not put into %device% or %value%. That may be something that can be done.

1 Like

This is a trigger but it still does not report to me which rule was paused with out using a bunch of if statements.

If there isn’t a way to do this natively, I am going to start looking into a way to collect the state of all the rules and just filter for anything in a paused state.

LOL.

The rule name paused/resumed from the Rule Paused trigger will be in %device%, and paused/resumed in %value% in the next release. It also will have the %date% and %time% of the event. I suppose you could have triggers in one rule for every rule you're wanting to monitor, and then just use %device% however you want.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.