Is there an app that flashes lights, yet returns them to their original status?

When I finish remodeling my kitchen I can give it more time.
If I leave the kitchen to go and code my wife will kill me!
Lol
I hope to be back coding in about 10-14 days then it should take me a week or so to get something up. (Maybe not as pretty as before but it should be something.)

Atm, I’m spending my day sanding and oiling oak worktops :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Btw, your bulbs do not need to have the ‘flash’ capability.
The app will flash a switch or outlet just as well.

This is what the app looks like, showing the triggers you can use to start flashing

I use this to flash a couple of lights to warn me to prepare the dogs’ food before they go crazy with a tts announcement at 21:00 :slight_smile:

Stop teasing us?

Andy - this is the best news that I have had this week. Thank you for reconsidering your decision!

Cheers and best wishes!!

1 Like

Won’t work. Even though my hue lights are off during “capture” the toggle/flash always ends up on. Screen shot

Interesting. How about:

Repeat 4 times every 0:00:01
Toggle: Office track lights
END-REP

As long as the repeat count is even, it should put the lights back where they were before.

That didn’t work either. Thanks though

Would it be difficult to add prescence sensor arriving as an option for flashing?

I'd like the possibility to flash the lights to notify whoever is already at home that someone else is arriving.

It shouldn’t be too difficult to add presence arrival/departure as a trigger.
I’ll add it to my feature request list

1 Like

You don't need to have the delay on the Restore. Just have it after the end-rpt and that's when it will take place. Yours is forcing it to happen on a schedule, most likely before the last toggle is complete.

Still does work :slightly_frowning_face:

When you say "doesn't work" what actually happens?

It flickers but always ends off

Try this.

after the end-RPT add an action of delay for 2 seconds. Don't delay the action of restore by 2 seconds....add the action of Delay.

Still no

Works perfectly for me:

I'm curious why your repeat looks different than mine. Oh, and I also had to make it 5 times....otherwise the light was in the same stat that it started anyway (toggle an even number of times and it will be). What type of device are you controlling? Anything that has any type of ramp rate isn't going to work for something like this (i.e. a dimmer). I tested using a smart plug and it worked fine.

I've just added the code to flash on arrival of a presence sensor to the app.
I will release it soon

Andy

They’re hue lights

What do you have the Transition Time set to? That is going to cause a delay. If you have that set to 1s, the second toggle is going to be ignored. Try setting the transition time to 500ms and then the repeat to every 2 seconds and I'm willing to bet it will work then. I just tried it with my hue lights and it did work.