Is there a way to remove off from a zen15?

hi all I have a zooz zen15 on a sump pump
what can I do to disable the off command be sent is there away to see the code for a system driver?
thanks, beau

With Inovelli switches you can disable local and/or remote control via parameters available in the Inovelli drivers. I'm not sure if Zooz has that ability or not if they do I'm not aware of a driver other than the Z-Wave tool that could modify that. You could make a RM rule with
Trigger:Switch turned off
Rule:Turn switch on

From the ZEN15 doc, it looks Parameter 30 does what you want:
Manual Control - Parameter 30: Choose if you want to use the physical button on the Power Switch to turn the outlet on or off manually or if you want to disable this function. If this parameter is set to 0 (disabled), you will only be able to turn the outlet on or off remotely using your Z-Wave gateway controller.

I checked my device and I don't see that parameter is exposed in the Zooz Power Switch driver. I don't know if there is any intent to change that but there are ways to manually set parameters described on the elsewhere on the board.

If you haven't already checked with them, you might want to check with their support team too. I've always found them responsive and @agnes.zooz also has a presence here on the community.

1 Like

Yes. Install Mike Maxwell’s Basic Z-Wave Tool driver, change the parameter, change drivers back. Hit Configure each time you change drivers.

1 Like

Keep in mind the setting also disables the manual ON command.

1 Like

This parameter disabled manual control from the button only. I'm not sure there's a way to disable Z-Wave control from the hub as @n9mfk9 requested since the device doesn't include that option. You could probably program around it as @Terk suggested and we also just released a new firmware (1.06) with a timer included so you can program a timer to turn the plug on automatically if it's accidentally turned off after a minute, this way it will turn on by itself even if the hub is down.

1 Like

Remember to set the Power Failure Recover option in the device properties to Turn on.

To reply to the OP question - you don't have access to built-in drivers. If you want one with no "OFF" capability in the driver, you would need to make your own. There are tons of examples on here to use as a go-by if you choose to do that.

The ST driver written by @krlaframboise supported this functionality. He's active here too so maybe he's willing to port his driver.

Here's the thread for the ST driver:

You can see screenshots in the thread for "Disable on/off control from hub" functionality.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.