Is there a way to programmatically enable/disable logging for individual items?

As a new user, I tend to enable as much logging I can to catch errors as I set up devices, rules, etc. I don't know the effects of excess logging on a presumably light resource device but it can't be great for everyday use. Once enabled, it is a pain to go through everything looking for unnecessary logging. Do I have any choices here?

Most of the drivers now are set to disable logging automatically after a timeout of so many minutes. I believe the standard is 30. You can see if this is true for the device in question if you go into the edit device page and look at the bottom to the Scheduled Jobs. I believe this is baked into all of the HE default drivers and it's been requested to be part of all custom drivers too.

Thanks. Good to know. I'm used to being able to enable logging levels globally or specifically in one place. How HE have it set up probably makes sense given the resources in the device.

Ryan
I’ve never received any request.
Was it posted somewhere and I missed it?

Andy

Yeah...i've seen it mentioned on quite a few threads actually. Back when it was first implemented on all the stock drivers. It's not a requirement or anything but I remember a couple of staff members mentioning that it would be a good idea. why, do you not think it's a good idea?

Luckily it is pretty easy to find the devices with debug logging enabled from the logs. I really like the ability to click the "debug" and be taken directly to the device.
For me I see that the Echo Speaks device seems to have debug logging enabled with no way to disable. I also see that the First Alert Carbon/CO driver appears to have no way to disable debug logging. I will report these to the respective github repos.