Is there a way to have a presence tile that is clickable so it toggles present vs not present?

Sometimes my presence sensors don't work. I can see the status of these presence sensors but I can't interact with them. Is there a template that gives me that ability that retains being able to see the current status?

1 Like

You could set up a virtual switch, that follows the sensor. Then use that switch to also manually set its status.

This is how I use my Alexa app as one of my presence sensors.

1 Like

The Virtual Presence device will allow you to do this. I use multiple presence devices like my phone, lock code use, and an old ST presence sensor that all roll up to a master virtual presence device. Plus there is an override if needed.

1 Like

I assumed he was talking about on a dashboard. The virtual presence device doesn't allow you to change it's status via the dashboard. Using the default HE dashboard, anyway. Perhaps there are other dashboard options that allow it, that I am not aware of. You certainly can open the device page and change the presence.

This is an option (that I was hoping to avoid), but if it's the only way then it does serve the purpose

You are correct, I meant the HE dashboard itself. I may go the virtual switch route

Hubitat has a built in Virtual Presence with Switch driver. You can use that in a dashboard as a switch.

2 Likes

Thats the ticket! This keeps me from having to create separate virtual switches. Thanks!

1 Like

I had forgotten about that, I think I remember seeing it a while back and thinking that would be a good option but since I had everything already setup and I kind of preferred the presence icon to the switch icon, I left it the way it was.

It is a better option if you are just setting up your device as you only need one device.

1 Like

I modified the virtual presence switch driver and link the on off correctly to the arrived/departed - that solved my need for the same feature.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.