Is there a way to check time and see if its past a time in the day as a conditional?

A webcore Time Condition feature that's highly desired in Hubitat. It may already exist but just structured differently from I'm used to. Example: If after 6pm, then do a action(s)

Sounds like you could just use a "between two times" condition like "time between 6:00 PM and 12:00 AM," which is effectively the same thing.

1 Like

Though, I prefer the original method, that's what I just ended up doing. I still like to know if its possible. Thanks..

Yes, there's a way to add that as a condition (not a trigger). If there's something else that happens after 6pm that happens where you'd like these actions to run, you'll have to set that up as the trigger. Like, if there's motion AND time is after 6pm, then do stuff. Otherwise, you can just set up the piston to run regularly at 6pm.

It should be in the same place you set up the "is between" condition.

I guess I might have read something into the original question that wasn't there: my thought process was that "in Hubitat" mean "in Rule Machine" specifically, even though webCoRE is also available built-in now. :smiley: My answer was written with that mindset; thanks for pointing out (quite possibly what the OP was after) that for webCoRE itself -- which should work largely the same aside from platform differences -- that idea should not be necessary.

Thanks. I referred to WebCore because that is what I used for a while with Smartthings. I parted ways with both when coming over to the Hubitat dark side of having local processing and felt WebCore was not a good contributor for such. I will have to create another test app and give it another try.