Is there a mobile app?

I'm hoping this will happen soon ish. Just found out about this and may hold out because of this (and GH and to an extent, Nest, integration). I love the idea, but have been burned by "future" features enough, heh.

Mobile app is moving along, plan hasn't changed. Will be a very simple presence, notification and dashboard access (if the dashboard app is installed)

Existing presence can be achieved using Life360 app, fyi,

Existing notifications can be achieved using PushOver Driver built in.

Yes, both use 3rd party apps, but you can achieve all the features of our mobile app using these two, today.

You can also "Add to Home" your dashboard menu, and that would be the 3rd feature of the mobile app.

Can do the same thing for the web admin interface and while on your local lan, you can use the web interface just like a mobile app.

As for Google Home/Assistant and Nest. They are both high priorities as well. You can accomplish simple integrations with IFTTT while we wait.

9 Likes

Any plans for Ecobee and Harmony?

2 Likes

Ecobee is on our list for sure. There is a community app port for Logitech Harmony (Connect) that works, I'm using it. Now that we support asynch http, it works very well.

1 Like

Are you talking about the Kuku integration that needs the API running on the local network or another app that doesn't require that. A search of "Logitech Harmony (Connect)" only roughly gets me to the former.

@michaelahess This is what many of us have been using for a few months now, without any issues...

1 Like

I guess I missed that in the middle of the thread! Thank you!

1 Like

Are you building it as a PWA, Progressive Web App?

I released a version of HousePanel today that supports Hubitat only installations - that is even when SmartThings doesn’t exist.

Check it out at

2 Likes

Install Docs/Guide? Fresh new install directions for Hubitat ONLY for someone that hasn't deployed the dashboard before.

The wiki tab of the GitHub site is the only doc I have for now. It lacks the Hubitat only directions but they are in the source code as comments. Look in clientinfo.php

Basically what you have to do is set ST_WEB to
hubitatonly or false.

I will update the wiki soon.

+1 here. I would like to switch to Hubitat, but I can't unless you have an app to manually control devices and have remote access so we can monitor the house from elsewhere.

I'd like to switch from Smartthings because they are FORCING their customers to switch to a shitty Samsung app which demands access to all personal smartphone information. Super invasive, unnecessary, and offensive. Please get your app out so I can have a viable alternative.

Thanks, Tim

Can you currently control devices remotely from a browser? Ie, set the hubitat to be accessible via the internet? Can you monitor devices such as motion sensors to see who is around? This is useful for when we are traveling.

You need to vpn in to your local network and then you can access the website and dashboard as usual. You can also setup rules to send notifications on events, say motion.

@timhsanchez The Dashboard has always been accessible via 2 URLS.. one Local, one via Hubitat's Cloud

The Hubitat Cloud path provides (via the dashboard that each of us creates) access to the status and devices (on/off/motion/etc.)

@timhsanchez

A VPN connection to your home network is only necessary if you want to access the Hubitat Administration web site.

The Hubitat Dashboard is accessible remotely via a web browser. It connects through the Hubitat Cloud Endpoint to communicate securely (i.e. encrypted) to your Hubitat Elevation Hub.

The Hubitat Dashboard can also be accessed locally (just a different URL), which is very convenient if your internet connection is down for any reason. Local Processing For The Win!!!

Using the Dashboard is very similar to the old Smart Tiles on ST, which eventually became Action Tiles. You can see the real-time status of all of your devices as well as control those that allow it.

6 Likes

@ogiewon MUCH BETTER SAID!!

1 Like

Yes, Hubitat Dashboard has pin protected custom dashboards you can set up and access via the cloud to monitor and control devices.

Ok, wow, I completely missed this distinction. I have someone been holding off on a full migration for the app, but maybe I shouldn't be waiting, lol.

1 Like

bump for ios app