Is there a major problem with the new C7 hub?

There is definitely something about the S2 inclusion process. I suspect there are some memory bugs/leaks or something somewhere (due to the way it behaved--it would remember parts of previous attempts that it shouldn't, for example).

I could only do 1-2 S2 device includes between reboots.

However, when I went through and "unchecked" all the security boxes, I could easily do WAY more. And, in general, that went MUCH more smoothly.

1 Like

67 posts were split to a new topic: Encrypting Z-Wave devices to prevent break-ins

What would happen if the device is faulty?
A continuous loop is not good.
Maybe 3 times. I don't know but continuous doesn't seem good to me.
Nice idea though.

1 Like

Ugh. I need to think better. I meant a "repeat x times loop"

Like this:

Note: these locks are a real pill, so I let the locking attempts run a lot of times.

Most devices would work in 10 or fewer tries.

@bobbles thanks for catching that!!

2 Likes

If multiple events get triggered on the hub for unknown reasons then wouldn't looping through and generating more events possibly exacerbate the situation?

The lock I recommended for my client was the YRD256 with the Zigbee module - which I use at my house. Just paired that 2 days ago and it seems to be working very well so far. It is the only ZB device on that hub at present. I am glad I went that route.

The biggest issue for me right now is the inconsistency. Devices are delayed in their commands/events, pairings partially succeed creating ghosts and preventing further inclusions or fail to pair sometimes but succeed other times. Mesh seems unstable even with a bunch of repeaters everywhere.

The problem I'm having is being able to discern when the trouble is with the hub or a device itself. Until things settle for the hub I'm kinda in a holding pattern with troubleshooting device specific issues unless there is some obvious physical issue.

edit: something odd just happened with the forum on my browser. I thought my post immediately followed yours but all of a sudden there was a bunch of posts that popped up in between. I guess my browser did not refresh properly... seems to be all about the refresh! :laughing:

While I'd like to think there are major zwave tweaks coming i am thinking it's not so. Historically when staff have found and fixed an issue anywhere it is promptly posted an announced for "next release" while I have seen some of these i have not seen any saying this zwave thing is better or that is fixed.

So I remain hopeful. Though I am starting down the path of wishful thinking.

Of course the larger/more complicated the update the longer the testing and lead time. We are soo spoiled with these rapid updates from Hubitat it's easy to get impatient - I am totally guilty of this. I am just thankful they are as responsive as they are.

3 Likes

Now you have :wink:.. Major Z-Wave C7 updates in 2.2.4.

19 Likes

Nice. Ive moved from hopeful to optimistic. Ty @bcopeland.

5 Likes

Is this purely c7, or will it benefit some of the z-wave issues on c5?

C7 only

1 Like

16 posts were split to a new topic: Older Z-Wave stack vs. C7's new stack

That's why I went with 15 second loops.

Yes. Its not weak meshes. it not "send logs", its just, "Yes. " Yes there are major problems prticularly with ZWave. There are a number of explanations for why this happened, but if you look through these forum, there are many "fixed in 2.2.4" responses from Hubitat staff, so I remain hopeful. But until that's released, its a bit of a mess for many of us suffering with slow responses, repeating events, daily reboots, and stuff just not working right.

1 Like

Resetting the radio 3 times is not expected, nor required to have a functional Z-Wave mesh. @wogfun I would like to make sure your hub doesn't have an odd hardware malfunction, as what you are reporting is not common. If you didn't do so already please send us an email at support@hubitat.com so we can further investigate.

1 Like

Really have to watch out for Cat Burglar's :rofl:

5 Likes

Hi Bobby, sorry I'm just seeing this now. No news is good news, and while the last 15 days haven't been perfect, they've been acceptable. Some slow responses, but nothing that doesn't clear itself up in about 45 seconds.

The thread is long so I'll repeat it here. What finally got me able to pair all my devices was unclicking all the security features on inclusion and NOT entering the DSK. The first 3 times around I was leaving security features checked and entering DSK codes. This did not work for me. If the hub gets crazy again I'll shoot you a message, thank you.

3 Likes

Hello, I'm curious if 2.2.4 has resolved most of these reported issues. How are things running now?

I just moved from 2.2.4.139 to 2.2.4.253 an hour ago. *.139 wasn't any better, keeping hopes up for *.253

Time traveler!

5 Likes