Is there a hierarchy?

I am a starter with Hubitat and enjoying playing around with the dashboard. I have read many threads and I am finding getting the weather to display, er, challenging.

I have a Sonoff door sensor and it is working as expected BUT for one aspect. I have it so when the door is closed the Philips Hue bulb is green and red when open. Great. However, it seems to knock out the Philips Hue bulb from working with Hue motion sensors.

Does the door sensor override the motion sensor? Can I clear it to enable the Hue motion sensor to work? Note: the Hue motion sensors are working via the Philips hub.

Sorry for all this gibberish.

You may want to put your weather question under a different topic, just to keep things focused.

Re the sensors / rules, can you post screenshots of any rules involved? Plus you may want to explain a little more about what devices are paired to what hub(s) and any integrations you are using on HE.

@sburke781 thanks for getting back to me. I will ask about weather elsewhere I'm sure.

I have no rules for the sensors. By that I mean, I have not set up which one takes priority.

The Philips Hue bulb is long established in the house, connected to the Hue Bridge and is activated by Hue motion sensors.

The Sonoff door sensor connects to the Hubitat hub (C8) and it works a treat.

BUT after using the Sonoff, it knocks out the Hue motion sensor and the light does not come on with movement. It is as if it takes priority or further up the hierarchy if you like. I was hoping that all sensors of any type would work all the time.

Maybe a dedicated Zigbee bulb for the Sonoff might be a better solution.

:+1:

This where I am a little confused.... Are you saying the motion-based activation of the light is handled in the hue bridge? But the contact sensor seems to impair that from happening? Even though it is connected to your HE C-8?

Unless you have rules set or some other app set up somewhere controlling them, there is no sensor hierarchy, each sensor reports on its own. If you are using direct sensor to light associations/bindings from the sensors and they conflict then its a wildcard…

3 Likes

Thanks both. It may be I am impatient of course.

I think this is what’s confusing others?

Where/how did you create this automation logic? Hubitat doesn’t do this for you automatically.

4 Likes

It was observation rather than creation.

I’m sorry but I don’t understand what that means.

2 Likes