Is the tuya zigbee smart knob scene switch remote dimmer (white version) supported?

I want to buy 2 remote dimmers for the bedroom lights is this one suported?

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! €10,62 67%OFF | Tuya Zigbee Smart Rotary Dimmer Switch Button with Magnetic Sucker Home Automatic Scenario Linkage Hand Remoter App Control Bulb

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EzwoL93

Yes, but as a scene switch only. You can dim the lights up/down by a step (15% as example), not smoothly.

But you can go ahead and order it, someday I will finish the new Tuya Dimmer driver and together with this remote, you could use Zigbee Group Messaging to smoothly ramp the brightness of the bulbs controlled by the wall dimmer module.

Are you making a announcement list to send out when it's done?? :wink:
If yes, put me on it please.

1 Like

Do you have Zigbee dimmers or Zigbee bulbs? What model/make?

Thats great! I ordered 2.

With the current driver do you need to wait for each step to execute? Or can you change multiple steps at once e.g. 30% at once if you rotate a larger distance?

@Sjoerd keep in mind that this white dimmer is actually the same device as the black 'smart knob' (picture in the TS004F driver thread), I actually like more the black knob model, it feels a bit more solid.

Both the black and the white rotary knobs have a fixed time 1.2 seconds between sending the 'button pressed' events in the scene control mode. So it doesn't matter if you rotete them slower or faster, the effect comes after one second.

However, when these are switched into a dimmer mode (press the button 3 times quickly to switch between the operation modes) - the reaction is much faster! I still have to experiment with whether the ZIgbee Group messages for changing the level can be configured to work even faster.

The experimental driver code for the "Zigbee Button Dimmer" driver is here, but it is still a bit tricky to configure the dimmer to be in one and the same Zigbee group with the dimmer or with the bulb that will be controlled. You need to press the dimmer button at the same time, when you click on the DONE button within the Groups and Scenes app :

The dimming works even with this unfinished driver, it is just difficult to troubleshoot what is going on if the dimming is not working.

Remember that Tuya dimmers switch between Scene control and Dimming control by quickly pressing the button 3 times!

Hey again my friend. Thanks for your assistance with the Tuya presence sensor last week. I bought this last week. https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805353082881.html?gatewayAdapt=gloMsite2usaPcglo2usa4itemAdapt

Could you add it to the driver please?
Let me know if I need to provide anything besides the model number.

Model: RSH-SC20-Zigbee

This rotary knob should be already supported in the TS004F driver,.

Make sure you pair it to HE with the driver pre-installed. You may need several pairing attempts (close to the hub).