Is My Database Corrupted?

In the middle of putting in a new Button Controller, I realized that I hadn't set it up correctly (a Pico, in the Lutron App). So, I pressed the Remove button, and I got the following error:

Should I do a soft reset?

Don't jump to reset right away. (chastising you a bit) -> You know this :grin: :kiss:
Try rebooting ... then see

I get nervous when get SQL errors, sorta like my first date.... (LOL)

3 Likes

Well, I'm that voice of reason. Reboot, if there is a database error it will fix it tonight during clean up. That error could have been a warning that and actually prevented you from corrupting things. Remember, a good troubleshooter has a bit of patience and can observe before jumping to that conclusion. You'll know tomorrow if you need to reset. What's a day gonna do?

2 Likes

As a network engineer I find this statement very true. The more complex the problem the more patience you need. And heavens for bid it be a "net down" situation with business owner asking you "how long will this take" :laughing:

I tell my guys a fire fighter cannot get (or act) nervous when approaching a blazing building. The bigger the fire, the clearer your head needs to be.

2 Likes

Seems like a thread @gopher.ny would be interested in. I know he’s been making a lot of db improvements.

I don't believe you need a soft reset. The code behind Remove button could be a bit more robust and account for interrupted setup better, that's all. Not sure this will make it to the top of priority list, but I've put in a GitHub issue to keep track.

2 Likes

Thank you!

It's also great to know that there is an organized list (with priorities) of issues that will be dealt with....

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.