Is it possible to support zigbee remote controls for RGBW, like this one?

Drivers 90 percent done, don't know when I'll release it yet., sure stick it on your hue bridge...

3 Likes

Thanks. We'll keep waiting

Hey @mike.maxwell I know you are busy, any update?

2.1.0 will be all platform stuff from me, so it won't be in that release.

1 Like

Oooh. I like platform stuff. Like what? Want any suggestions? Lol

Lan discovery (SSDP and mDNS), lan fingerprint schema for drivers, automatic address updates, manager app auto install for hub devices, ignore these lan devices in the future, install these devices , all running in the background...

3 Likes

Just received an RGBgenie ZigBee Remote. Looks decent, has a nice solid feel to it and not cheapo slick plastic. I also really like the magnetic mount that (whether intentional or not) also acts pretty well as a stand. The only thing I think I could wish it did (without it actually working properly, more below) is if it had a bigger status LED that was also RGBW. That way when you select something from the color wheel it would give you immediate feedback regarding what it was TRYING to set the color to.

As for whether it works... No idea yet. It was not recognized as any particular type and a couple Generic ZigBee drivers I tried did not get anything to show up in the current state. BUT I was expecting this from posts in another thread, but there is hope that it will work in the future.

1 Like

It does work, but not with any current drivers.

1 Like

Ok... maybe I should have phrased it as "functional with my Hubitat". :slight_smile:

It did pair readily, but I do not plan on using Touch-Link so I will patiently wait for drivers (I am just gaining some confidence in simple drivers, dealing with ZigBee is quite beyond me). I have enough other projects to keep me busy even if I ignored my HE for a bit (which is not possible, too interesting and "fun" to mess with).

1 Like

I got hopeful when I saw Update 2.1.2 listed an RGBGenie... but it is for the ZB-512x not the ZB-5028 I have, and nothing appeared to be working. But wait! I removed the remote, factory reset it, and paired it again and it was detected by the new driver. It showed the correct model and reported it as a 5 button remote.

I am guessing the driver is designed to work more with the plain button models (like https://rgbgenie.com/?product=rgbgenie-3-zone-4-scene-remote-zigbee rather than the RGBW model (like https://rgbgenie.com/?product=rgbgenie-rgbw-remote-zigbee.

In any case... button presses are recognized, somewhat. Checking the log I found that the following presses are detected (what is reported = what the button is listed as in the remote manual):

1. Button 1 = NONE
  2. Button 2 = S1, S2, and S3 (Any scene control button triggered as button 2 in the log)
  3. Button 3 = NONE
  4. Button 4 = All on/off (when first pressed on)
  5. Button 5 = All on/off (when pressed off, if the red LED was still on)
  6. The following buttons and color wheel (per the remote manual) did not get registered in the logs:
    White
    Color Wheel
    Zone 1 to 4
    Decrease brightness
    Increase brightness
    Built in effects (short or long press)
    White Light Temperature

Yeah, wrong driver, the color remote isn't done, but you will get some functionality using the driver written for the wall mount decora controller.

1 Like

No problem, I mean it IS specifically labeled as such so I was not expecting much. The fact that some of it works might help if you folks are working on a separate driver for the RGBW remote.

It's 90 percent done already...

Any chance this driver was finished? Just picked up a ZB-5008 remote and would like to use via hubitat

It should work..

Are you sure it's a 5008? The model number they have been selling for a while is 5028, which I believe is the exact same remote with newer firmware. There is a driver for the remote, just look for the one for the 5028.

The amazon order says ZB-5008, maybe its the 5028 and they didnt update the amazon listing? How can I tell?

When you get the remote it should say which version it is. @Gnant, Are you guys still shipping the ZB-5008 or are they all ZB-5028s now?

If anyone will know, it'll be this guy. :slight_smile:

this is odd, the model number on the website still shows as zb-5008

is the same as zb-5028, same firmware with the exception of the manufacrurer and model number.

4 Likes