Is it OK to have Hubitat and Hue Bridge right next to each other (but on different Zigbee channels)?

I'm considering moving my Hubitat C8 (ZB channel 20, power level 8) away from where my WiFi router is (2.4Ghz radio on channel 1), and to the place in my house where my Hue Bridge (ZB channel 25) is. Is this better from an interference standpoint?

Ideally you'd want to place the Hubitat Elevation hub in a central location away from other Wi-Fi devices, however that is not always possible, so at minimum try to keep the Hubitat Elevation one foot away from other gadgets. Running the Hue bridge on a different channel should definitely reduce the possibility of radio interference between the two. For more tips on placing the hub, check out this document: Hub Placement Tips | Hubitat Documentation

As a side note, if you are having problems with Zigbee devices disconnecting from the network in its current location you may want to consider changing the Zigbee channel to a higher number, such as 23. Some Zigbee devices perform better when not using the channel 20.

2 Likes

His Hue bridge is on 25, so he’d need to change the bridge to 20. I have had very good luck with my HE on 19 & 24 with Hue on 20 & 25.

1 Like

I have my Hue bridge on 25 and Hubitat on 23, and not having any problems.

2 Likes

Sorry. I mistook 23 for 25.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.