Is anybody having issues with ZSE11 being long delay or not working at times?

Hey everyone. I want to ask this question in regards to setting up my system in Z-Wave. It's working great and followed everyone's posts on what to do to keep your system working. I setup my garage in Z-Wave now by using Zooz's Zen17 Relay which works great! Now, my only gripe with all of my devices is ole' ZSE11 4-1 Motion Sensor. I wanted to like it at the beginning when I set it up but I have to say it's giving me the MOST issues out of all the devices I have setup.

The biggest bummer for this device is it is SLOW to respond when someone walks through. I have 2 lights that turn on at night when motion is detected; however, motion is detected ONCE I reach the end of the peripheral of the ZSE11.

There are also times where motion is being detected and all of a sudden, the ZSE11 just stop responding. No blue light, no motion detected, nothing. I go up to the device, take it down and wake it up manually by holding the black button for 3 seconds, nothing. I then remove the batteries and place them back and they are back to running.

I am hesitant on returning the sensor and just getting something else to splurge on because this is such a pain to deal with in the past 2 weeks. Would like if anyone has advice on what to do.

P.S: I don't have it hard wired. It's using the batteries to operate.

There have been similar reports over the years, and users seem to be having better experience with the newer model. You may want to check with Zooz support to see if a firmware update is available for your device. Also, might want to search the community for similar incidents: Zooz 4-1 issues to learn how others may have overcome similar problems.

Unfortunately this sounds about normal for the ZSE11. The motion sensor is slow compared to others. I had one totally fail on my which Zooz replaced. The new one is working well despite the slowness. I have not had it lock up like you describe.

My ZSE11 has been reliable, but yes it is noticeable slower then the other motion sensors I have around the house. I actually may switch it out for a ZSE40 I have lying around. The ZSE40 had some reporting issues IIRC, but I think those bugs have been worked out. Also, the Zwave on the C8 has been much better then the Zwave on the C7, really solid in my opinion.

Ya, it infuriates me knowing this. It works sometimes and does well. I have the C8. I'll continue seeing how it goes from here...Thanks for all the replies!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.