Iris vs Xiaomi Motion Sensors

Yah I have quite a collection of batteries at this point too. I had not looked into the V3 yet. I like temp and humidity in some sensors. Mainly temp, but am getting ready to automate the bathroom and want a fan that can kick on with humidity when someone forgets to turn it on. I'll look into those for sure.

1 Like

The v3 motion is a CR123A, but if you order from third-party Amazon sellers (one reason I stopped ordering there), it's a 50/50 shot of getting a CR2 or CR123A anyway. :laughing:

I have been using the Iris V2 contact sensors for almost 2 years now and have never had one drop or misfire. I’m also using the Sylvania motion sensors which may be the same as the Centralite. They have also been rock solid.

2 Likes

Indeed, the Sylvania is made by Centralite. I have one as well. It’s a very reliable and fast sensor. Amazing how the battery is now 20% and it doesn’t make any difference to its performance, and it never drops off the network.

1 Like

Since we are unable to purchase the Iris V2 sensors anymore (unless you find them on ebay) I moved to the Sylvania Smart +1 motion sensor. They look like the Iris sensor and from my testing work just as good. I put one in my garage and the Motion and Temp are spot on.

What's wrong with the purchasing on ebay? Many of us have bought from that seller without issue?

2 Likes

@waynespringer79

Never said there was anything wrong with purchasing on ebay.

I just think @basic261 kind've meant that they'll start getting thin on ebay at some point. So, trying something different for when that happens.
I bought 20 of the Iris v2's from ebay. I have 6 left. Would you refer to that as a form of hoarding?

2 Likes

HA! I (guilty of hoarding) have about 20 myself, and probably next month will get another 10 for "backups"

1 Like

Now I feel like the 6 extra won't be enough!

1 Like

I search eBay for these. Can't find any v2

Take a look here:

2 Likes

I bought 10 of the Iris motion sensors to try out and then turned around and ordered another 20 to have as spares. Like repeaters, you can never have enough motion sensors.

Just bought 10.

I bought 10 of the motion, loved them so much turned around and bought 10 of the Iris contact sensors.

1 Like

Well I have 6 extra. I'm already considering relocating some sensors for other applications. I might head off to ebay and order another 10.

How are the contact sensors? All of mine are go-control z-wave and they'be been solid, but I need to buy more and I'm considering something cheaper. Will you share your link? Most of them I find are without the magnets. What are you replacing the magnets with?

I've switched almost all over to the V1 contact sensors. They not as good to look at as some of the others out there. But they work great and are CHEAP.

see they have these without the magnets 10 for that price. Would you do it? Buy without the magnets and just use a store bought magnet in place of it?

I suppose you could try and see. I know the ones from the link I posted come with magnets and still even have the plastic covering the battery contact.