Iris V3 Keypad Issues

I do have the keypad sitting on a desk as I had not decided to mount it yet & the light did stay on it, but yet the other "working" V3 keypad is sitting beside it on the same desk & the lights don't stay on on it.

In fact, the "non-troublesome" V3 Keypad has been sitting on the desk for weeks & weeks now with no problem.

I did load your code for the troublesome V3 keypad & have it sitting on the same desk in the same spot now & the lights stay off...I dunno!! Maybe wife clicked heels 3 times on this one. LOL

Who knows, it may go back to "always on" in a hour or so but for now it's off (the lights) & working as normal.
Prior to loading your DEV code for it, I was just using whatever it was for this device when I "discovered" it in HE. I'll keep you posted if any changes.

1 Like

Ok -- mine has been working flawlessly The biggest change is my timeout code which I think Mike didn't add in the default code.

One issue I have with all of the keypads is that every change in arm/disarm state makes it into the device status weather that devices batteries are still functioning or not making things like Device watchdog not detect that the device has stopped responding. I know that's more an issue of how Hubitat is logging the arm/disarm and not of the actual device but is that something that could be fixed with a driver change to not make that affect the last updated attribute?