Iris v2 Keypad

I got my hub yesterday and migrated all 17 of my devices without much issue. I've already programmed most of the automation I had in smartthings but I'm having an issue with getting the iris keypad to work as it did with smartthings.

It arms and stuff ok but after arming the lights on the keypad stay on unless I trigger the motion sensor on the keypad then the light goes out. I tried importing the device handler I used in smartthings but I'm getting errors. Is there anyone who can help with this?

Thanks

All the lights? That's odd, I have one that I migrated from ST and it works fine in HE.

I mean the iris and connection icons on the keypad stay lit after arming. I fear it will lead to the battery being depleted if for example the wife arms the house when she's leaving and the keypad stays lit till one of us gets back home.

Ohh, just the iris and connection, take out the batteries and put them back.

OK...I'll try it when I get home

1 Like

Doesn't work. If I arm or disarm the unit it stays illuminated

My keypad does this too. After using the keypad to arm or disarm, Iris and network lights stay lit unless I wave my hand in front of the keypad’s motion sensor. @mike.maxwell

Edit: now that I think of it, I’m not 100% sure it’s both arm and disarm, I will check.

I’ve hard wired mine up via a Li-ion battery pack so I have no issue with the LED’s staying on any more.
A single 18650 cell is now my keypads mini UPS. :+1:t2:

I just checked too and it happens with both arm and disarm :man_facepalming:t5:. This must be a driver issue as it doesn't do this with the device handler for smartthings.

Iris user here researching products before switching. Hubitat over ST right now, but the Iris V2 keypad issue mentioned above could be a game changer. Is this something that can be fixed?

We are working on the keypads, I suspect that there's an older firmware version out there that doesn't behave as well as the newer ones for which the current driver was written. In any event turns out I have one of these cantankerous units, along with the others to work with now.

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick response. That will also weigh in heavily on my final decision.

So are the Iris V3 units working OK? I have the old V1, so it's going to have to be replaced. The only thing I have read about the V3 is that is doesn't beep during exit or entry delay.

thats another issue being addressed

I’m happy to assist with testing or provide info from or on my v2 keypad.
Mine is one that sometimes chimes once and other times chimes up to 6 times. With the logs showing only a single contact sensor action as the trigger. My front door.

Any new news about the Iris V2 keypad? Mine doesn't do a thing except make cute chirping sounds when I push the buttons. It doesn't seem to be able to arm or disarm HSM. The virtual buttons on the device driver page work but the actual physical unit does nothing. I know there was some "hot fix" planned for some aspect of this device, but haven't heard more. My updates are up-to-date.

This should allow the keypad to work with HSM, right?

Do you have a picture of it? There are 4 different keypads now...

Yes... model 3405-L. When I first paired it the pairing light kept flashing. After the next update, the pairing light flashed faster. After I took out the battery and reinserted it , the lights stopped flashing. I'm not sure if it ever transmitted button presses or not. My memory for all the problems I'm having is getting short!

Actually, wait... it used to make countdown peeps when first paired. Now it doesn't do anything.

keypad

Did you use use lock code manager to set the code?

You can, or set it right in the driver.

You might try deleting it, then perform a factory reset (hold tamper switch, insert one battery, release after 2 seconds), then join it again.
Also, make sure you're on 2.0.6.112. If it's an older one, the lights will still stay on when arming physically, that won't be fixed until 2.0.7