Iris V1 outlet tile request

It would be helpful if we could add a tile that both reported energy and had the ability to turn the outlet on and off.

1 Like

Unforutnately, at the present, the V1 outlet does not report power. You can see this if you change a tile for a V2 outlet to "Attribute." The attributes available for a V2 switch include power. The attributes for the V1 outlet do not. Still, it would be nice if there were a multi selection for outlets that reported power like the motion selection reports battery level for the motion detectors.

The v1 outlets do and are capable of reporting energy. They did in Iris and they do send energy usage information to the logs. So the information is there and being reported, it is just not being captured by Hubitat. Here is a capture of a v1 outlets reporting usage in my Hubitat logs.

The v1 driver supports power readings, the fact that it's displaying this in the live logs is evidence that it's supported in the driver and working.
I don't know what you mean by not being captured...

I am not sure why it is just not showing up in other apps as an energy sensor. Simple device viewer being one of them.

Using the "Power Meter" template, the energy use is displayed but the On/Off status is not displayed. However, when the "Outlet" template is used, the On/Off status is displayed but the energy use is not displayed.

Probably should reach out to the author of that app for that issue.

Mike, your post made me go back and look more carefully at my set up. This issue was 100% operator error on my part. I had inadvertently selected to display "Energy Meters" in the app and what I need was "Power Meters". Now that I am displaying the correct category, all of my v1 smart plugs are properly showing energy usage.