Iris Smart Plug (3210-L) Zigbee Plug with Z-wave Repeater Support?

The custom driver still won’t report power or energy for me. Was waiting on @homeauto2112 to play more with his driver.

And the stock driver won’t report energy which I need. I’ve kept all but my one test plug on ST for the time being, which is fine since InfluxDB logger still doesn’t work 100% either.

The Z-wave repeater seems to be working for me though.

BTW-i did move my iris switch literally 2 feet from my hub and paired it. This time it actually took. It didn’t work right away but after some time (disappointed and walked away) I came back and it was working. I was then able to move it and it is still working.

Has anyone been able to get the ZWave Repeater function working with this?

I got it to pair to Zigbee without issue but as I build out the ZWave mesh into HE I am fairly sure I will need to have the repeater working (or go buy something for that separately)

I got several to pair as a Zwave device. Don’t know they are doing anything though.

1 Like

Yeah - I have it paired to the Zwave side as well... it just shows as a "Device" without any info...

Here is what is in the IDE -- wish I knew if it was functional as a repeater or if its just 'there' ...

mine is setup as a zigbee/zwave plug and I could select the zwave plug on and off in Hubitat (it didn’t actually turn the zigbee plug on/off.
but it has stopped responding to the zwave on/off and I do not know if it was ever functioning as a zwave repeater.

I was using this DTH on ST for a while and it worked well. If someone with better coding skills than my “replace physicalgraph with hubitat” skill level would like to try to port it, maybe we can test these things.

Iris Z-Wave Repeater

I used this one Zigbee Iris Smart Plug
“replace physicalgraph with hubitat"

The one you posted gave me errors when I modded it and tried to save it. I delete abit of the code but it didn’t appear to work for me.

I believe the one you linked to is for the zigbee plug itself, whereas the one I linked to was a handler that allows a way to test if the z-wave repeater is actually repeating. Unfortunately, I don’t know how to port it over.

You don’t need a special device driver for the Iris Z-Wave repeater function; leaving it as “Device” is sufficient (‘repeater’ is a built-in capability of this device; all it needs is pairing info to function as such). If it is showing ‘Alive’ in the Z-Wave settings page after a Z-Wave repair (followed by updating the settings page to refresh it), it is participating as a router in the mesh. If you unplug it and again do a Z-Wave repair, wait a bit and refresh the page; it will then show ‘Failed’. That’s equivalent to the message that ST would show if a Z-Wave device failed to update its route info after a Z-Wave repair.

3 Likes

Thanks Tony good to know

Both of mine show Alive on the z-wave page yet Inactive on the device status page. Is that normal?

Rick

@Tony thanks!

This was what I was looking for - in the process of migrating ST -> HE so will be carefully selecting how to place devices to rebuild both meshes as I go

This will help a ton as I have used 4 or 5 of these to extend/strengthen the Zwave side of the house

Yes, that’s normal.

Why does the Iris First gen smart plug model SPG902 not report wattage usage? I used it to monitor my well light wattage to make sure it does not have a broken filament

Moved mine closer to Hub and it now works as it should.

Any luck with this? Would be awesome to have kwh usage and cost per kwh.

Which "this" are you referring to? There are lots of things discussed in this thread.

Edit: I see you clarified things. This is not available that I am aware of, at least not directly within a driver. I also am unaware of an app that does this, but it would be interesting if someone could come up with one.

i was using this one with smartthings.

It is theoretically possible to port that over. I don't have the ability to do this, so I don't know if this particular app will work once ported.

Here are some guidelines how to port.