Iris Sensors for sale

Hey all. I wanted to post here a few Iris sensor sales that I put up on eBay recently just in case anyone is interested. Thanks!

Lot of 7 Iris v1 Motion Sensors

Lot of 4 Iris v1 Motion Sensors with external AA battery packs

Lot of 7 Iris v1 Door and Window Sensors

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing. I have Iris v3 sensors in my house. Anybody know how these compare to v3? Also, I noticed that the inclusion process has a separate inclusion option for Iris v1:

Is there a reason why that is the case?

Yes, the Lowes Iris v1 sensors do not adhere to the standard Zigbee Home Automation (ZHA) standards. Thus, they were completely orphaned once Lowes shut down the Iris platform. Hubitat made the decision to help existing Iris v1 users by adding support to the Hubitat hub for these v1 sensors. The paring process is unique and thus requires a special Zigbee pairing option for just these old sensors. To this date, I am unaware of any other Hub that supports these old Iris v1 sensors.

3 Likes

I will mention they have been rock solid for me during the few years I've used them. Unfortunately, because I am switching how I do home automation, they will no longer work in my setup hence the reason for selling.

If you are switching to Home Assistant, it is possible to import Hubitat-paired devices into HA.

Thanks. Sadly I kind of realized that too late into my switch, so I already have a bunch of new hardware. :frowning:

1 Like

All due respect, I think you’re asking too much on a per-item basis.

As @ogiewon explained, these are truly orphaned devices since Lowes shut down the Iris service, but for the fact that Hubitat engineers came up with a workaround to encourage Iris users to migrate to Hubitat without having to replace so many of their devices already in use.

There are plenty of new zigbee devices that aren’t very far off your price point if one knows which brands to look for (and where to look).

Except the sensors you modded with AA battery cases, since that adds value to the device itself :slight_smile:.

1 Like

These work fine on my C4, C5 and C7 hubs They also work fine for temperature measurements inside my freezers and refrigerators.

I appreciate your input. The price I came up with was based on looking at recent eBay sales figures of these sensors which, in some cases, people were willing to pay up to $15-20 for a single Iris v1 sensor. That, and I do have a 'Make an offer' option available in my eBay listings. But I suppose since I am selling them as a lot, I may need to discount them a little further than previously thought.

2 Likes

I suggest modifying your listings to indicate that these sensors work perfectly with the AlertMe security/automation hub in the UK.

All the sensors sold with that system were just rebadged Iris V1. AFAIK, they are still sold and supported.

3 Likes

That’s a great point. Forgot about the UK versions of those sensors :open_mouth:.

1 Like

Systronicsrf also supports Iris V1 devices. Not sure how their business is progressing, but they are based in the UK as well.

2 Likes