Iris leypad to trigger rule

Hi. Posted prior. May have been in the wrong forum

Question.
I'm trying to figure out how to use an IRIS KeyPad, that when a code is entered, execute a rule that will temporarily power a smart plug.
I'm looking to use the smart plug to power a 24v power supply that will send power to a gate lock.
The gate lock is normally closed so anytime power is supplied to the smart plug, the lock will be open.
It's a strike latch, so the thought is to use have the smart plug powered for short duration...say a minute. When the door swings shut - even after the power is removed - it will still lock.

I used a light ( switch) directly outside of my office so i can play with the settings and visibly see when power is applied from the rule. I can get the code entered on the iris key pad to power on the switch. Any thoughts on how i can set that for a certain duration?

Setup.
Smart plug
24v power wall wort
electric gate latch
IRIS KeyPad

seems relatively simple. I'm also thinking i could put a push button on the inside of the gate somewhere vs a 2nd keypad.

And if i was real keen...i would like to figure how to set the power on for a longer period with a different code perhaps. When the lawn company comes - maybe that delay is an hour - so they can come and go - unhindered.

Seems plausible!...and reasonably priced for an experiment

Cheers
Mac

amazon.com

Amazon.com: ALEKO LM14924V Electric Lock for Swing Gate Opener 24 Volts: Home...

thanks
Mac

try this app

or create a virtual switch based on keypad entry

I appreciate th reply. I literally just finished a post asking about virtual switche. Will see if i can figure the virtual switch in this setup.
Thanks.
Mac

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.