Iris Keypad

Disarm all disables smoke, water and the other configured alerts, in addition to intrusion.

Got it, thanks for clarifying.

Hi, I've just started testing my new IRIS keypad with HSM and I've got an error getting flagged when I try to utilize the SIREN inside the IRIS Keypad and would love some assistance to get it resolved.
My testing involves setting HSM into "Armed Home" mode and using a single door/window sensor (Kitchen Left) to trip the alarm.
The logs show
" app:22018-09-20 19:34:08.985:errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Command 'on' is not supported by device. (intrusionHandlerHome)

app:22018-09-20 19:34:08.950:warnAlert Intrusion-Home Kitchen Left open

Does this indicate that HSM is not sending the correct command to activate the Siren inside the IRIS keypad or is it something else ??
FYI: I can activate the Siren via the button on the driver page

Yes correct, the alarm capability doesn't have an on command, it has siren, strobe, both and off.
I've made note of this.

Ok, cool.
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking of using it for convenience during testing but will use some other device I have.

I'm liking this iris keypad with HSM but for anyone else using one of these, is it expected operation that I have to enter any of my "codes" on the keypad, once to set them as Armed Home or Armed Away but I have to enter the "codes" twice to Disarm HSM. Or at least to have the Iris logo on the keypad go GREEN. It goes RED when armed.
FYI: The logs show no "errrors".

I can arm and disarm HSM by entering the PIN code on the keypad only once.

However, I have noticed that when I disarm using the keypad, the IRIS light remains illuminated in red and doesn’t go out (which it should when the keypad’s proximity sensor stops detecting motion). If I tap any button on the keypad, everything lights up again, and then all the lights go out, including the IRIS light.

I seen the same with the Centralite keypad, not tested with Iris, waving the hand making the lights turn on by motion will turn off the red light, it would be cool if it turn off itself.

Ah ha, nice one guys. That's the same behavior I'm seeing. I don't actually have to enter the codes again, I just have to wake the keypad up and it changes the IRIS light.
Thx

1 Like

I saw it was mentioned back in July, but curious if there's now a way to change the keypad's state, like via Rule Machine? For example, if I set the mode to "Home" using a dashboard button, is there a way to get the keypad to switch to "Disarm?" There's a button for it in the keypad device settings, but nothing available elsewhere.

I have HSM change its status based on mode, and use mode changes (via buttons or dashboard) to set lights/switches and thus control HSM. Would be great to have a way to use (and sync) the keypad with modes.

If you select the keypad in HSM, the keypad state will follow HSM

@epj3, yep, just like @mike.maxwell says, my keypad stays in sync with HSM.
If I set the Mode via HSM it's reflected in the keypad and if I Arm/Disarm via the keypad then it activates the Mode via HSM

Got it. So if I want to swap to having mode based on HSM status, rather than HSM status based on mode, is that best done with rule machine? (asking just in case there's a more direct or built-in way to do this). Thank you both for your responses!

I have HSM changing my Modes
Is it best ? Crikey, I dunno. I’m new to the whole Zwave, zigbee automation thing. :stuck_out_tongue:
This is my first Hub, but it seems to be working fine.

There may be a best practice, but I don't think it matters. I used to have HSM change status via mode via dashboard or physical buttons. After adding the Iris keypad, decided it made more sense to have HSM status change the mode, and I simply changed my button devices to control HSM rather than mode. Otherwise, my other rules (e.g. lighting) are still triggered via mode as before.

The motion state for my keypad is always "active". I see a debug line in the log "getMotionResult: active" when I wave my hand over it but I never see anything in the debug log about it going inactive or a state change on the device event page.

Sounds defective. Perhaps you should do a factory reset on it, and see if that helps. After the reset, put the hub into pairing (Discover Devices). You don't need to remove the device from Hubitat, it will reconnect. I just did this over the weekend and it took me a couple of tries.

1 Like

I tried to reset it a couple of times and though the log showed it configuring the motion still didn't work. I finally deleted it completely and add it and now it is working.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Mark

I just noticed this on my v2 keypad as well. Looks like the state in the driver has been active for about three months. However if I walk up to and wave my hand the lights light up then go out shortly later as if it is working fine there. @mike.maxwell I have tried a battery pull and pushing configure. I am using the iris v2 keypad driver built in. Any suggestions other than removing and repairing as the previous poster did?

The only fix is to remove, factory reset then rejoin it.

1 Like