Iris Keypad

Anyone know how to use the new Iris Keypad device? Some of it is self explanatory, like exit delay, but how can I set up codes and such? Thanks!

Codes for this device are contained in the driver, for now they are entered via driver details.
Use the setCode button, the first field is the codeNumber, aka slot, second is the desired pin code, which must be 4 numeric digits, the last field is the name of the user this code is assigned to.
When our lock code app (LCM) is complete it will integrate with HSM.

2 Likes

Is there any way currently to use RM or another app to change the keypad’s security states, or use them as a condition/trigger?

you could change the state via custom commands, but none of the stock apps are modified yet to subscribe to the new capability these use.

OK I see.

The driver is working well, I can use the keypad manually or in the device settings page and it seems to function as intended.

I hope it'll be possible to use it with the apps soon.

1 Like

My keypad just arrived...I tried to set the entry delay and got an error in the log:

I was trying to set to 30 seconds, so entered 30 in the field.

dohhh...
We'll get that fixed.

In thinking about this, entrance delay for this device makes little sense, the device has no inputs to know when to start the delay, entry delay is a function of an alarm system. Exit delay, which also didn't get a method implementation in this driver, but does have a preference setting and does make sense.
So I will implement the setExitDelay command and coordinate that with the preference setting, setEntryDelay will be implemented, but not provide any functionality other than a log message stating same.

I am kind of confused about how this keypad is supposed to work...I bought it because it looked interesting :grin:. I was thinking it wouldn't be useful until the lock code manager was implemented. Somehow it seems like it needs to be connected to contact sensors on the doors. So it does make sense to have an entrance delay, but not sure if it should be on the app or the device? Isn't it supposed to act like a security system? When I used to have a security system, we had entrance and exit delays when the door was opened, to give us time to enter the code to disarm.

When we get it integrated to HSM it will function that way, the entrance delay would be set there.

1 Like

I think that until it’s supported in HSM, RM, etc. there isn’t really much we can do with the keypad yet.

1 Like

Mike would you guys consider adding an option for entry delay to armed-home HSM mode?

Also, now that HSM has been updated I see the toggle for "use disarm to disarm all" in the keypad section of the HSM settings page. What does that mean?

Thanks!

Disarm all disables smoke, water and the other configured alerts, in addition to intrusion.

Got it, thanks for clarifying.

Hi, I've just started testing my new IRIS keypad with HSM and I've got an error getting flagged when I try to utilize the SIREN inside the IRIS Keypad and would love some assistance to get it resolved.
My testing involves setting HSM into "Armed Home" mode and using a single door/window sensor (Kitchen Left) to trip the alarm.
The logs show
" app:22018-09-20 19:34:08.985:errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Command 'on' is not supported by device. (intrusionHandlerHome)

app:22018-09-20 19:34:08.950:warnAlert Intrusion-Home Kitchen Left open

Does this indicate that HSM is not sending the correct command to activate the Siren inside the IRIS keypad or is it something else ??
FYI: I can activate the Siren via the button on the driver page

Yes correct, the alarm capability doesn't have an on command, it has siren, strobe, both and off.
I've made note of this.

Ok, cool.
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking of using it for convenience during testing but will use some other device I have.

I'm liking this iris keypad with HSM but for anyone else using one of these, is it expected operation that I have to enter any of my "codes" on the keypad, once to set them as Armed Home or Armed Away but I have to enter the "codes" twice to Disarm HSM. Or at least to have the Iris logo on the keypad go GREEN. It goes RED when armed.
FYI: The logs show no "errrors".

I can arm and disarm HSM by entering the PIN code on the keypad only once.

However, I have noticed that when I disarm using the keypad, the IRIS light remains illuminated in red and doesn’t go out (which it should when the keypad’s proximity sensor stops detecting motion). If I tap any button on the keypad, everything lights up again, and then all the lights go out, including the IRIS light.

I seen the same with the Centralite keypad, not tested with Iris, waving the hand making the lights turn on by motion will turn off the red light, it would be cool if it turn off itself.