Iris Keypad v3

Do you think this is why some keypads do not report temperature + battery level too?

Welp, aparently we have at least two firmware versions out there for these, just like the V2.
If they don't join as V3 and beep doesn't work, then it's the hobbeled firmware...

Yeah..., from iris community post:
‎11-14-2018 05:46 PM

IRIS tech support told me yesterday that a firmware upgrade is pending to make the V3 keypad chime with door open events. No date on when that would be pushed out to the keypads.

Don't know, that's why I need an older firmware sample.

Anyway we could extract it to send it to you?

Yeah, take it off the wall, stuff it in a box, and send it to me.
I won't mess with it any other way.

@mike.maxwell, I will have one by Thursday and if it is one of the finicky ones, I can send it to you if no one else has. I am traveling and won't be home until late Thursday, hence the delay.

I'll keep my eye on this thread and if there are no takers, I will PM you for your info to send it to you to work your magic :slight_smile: .

2 Likes

I have 2 V2 keypads, I set them up to beep and they did a single long beep when a contact was opened. I didnt like the single beep and wanted the 3 beeps like I had with Iris.

This us what I did to switch the beep to the 3 beeps.

I changed the driver from Centralite Keypad to Iris V2 Keypad, click Save.

Click on the "Beep" button in the driver, it should do the long beep.

Click "Configure" button and then wait a few seconds. This should change the sound to the 3 beeps.

Click "Beep" button again to confirm.

Then click "Save Preferences "

Close out of it and confirm by opening a door or window.

As promised, I received another Iris V3 keypad and got home last night to test it.

After pulling the battery strip to activate, my HE immediately found it and I saved the device. However, it registered as a Device and did not assign the correct driver. I selected Iris V3 keypad, saved it, and clicked the configure button.

It does not beep on command or via rule just as the other one does. It appears to work normally, I am assuming.

Anyways, if @mike.maxwell is willing, I will ship it to him to let him look at it.

Scott

1 Like

I just received 2 that I bought on Ebay. Both are iL02_1 model (V3 Keypads).
Both register as "device" and changing that to V3 keypad doesn't help. I can use them to arm/disarm, but I can't use them as a chime, or make them beep by hitting the beep button.

I have my original iL02-1 keypad and it will chime and registers as an Iris V3 Keypad.

if they discover as device, they are the old firmware, and the triple beep will not work, full point stop...

Is there any way to update the firmware, or modify the driver so they will? They make other noises when arming and disarming.

As I've mentioned already, once the hobbled firmware version arrives, I'll take a look, until then, and until I do an update it shall remain broken...

There is no way I know of to update the firmware.

3 Likes

As info for those of you that have the keypad with the hobbled firmware, I have sent one of mine to @mike.maxwell today. He should get it Monday or so and hopefully he can create a workaround for us that have the weird ones.

3 Likes

Thank you both!!!!

I have on that I changed it to the Iris v3 Keypad driver and it worked however the batteries died after less than a week most likely because the lights on the keypad wouldn't turn off.

There is a trick for the stuck light from 3/11/19 It may work for V3 as I have that one too and worked for us.

1 Like

Are you kidding? That was really generous of you!! Hopefully it will lead to to gaining proper chiming functions/beeping at some point. Thanks, dude!

1 Like

Many folks have had their hair turn grey, have gone bald, or totally lost their mind, while attempting to get a keypad fully paired.

Also what works for one keypad model, maybe not quite work with your model or firmware version.

I think you misunderstood my expression. I meant "are you kidding" as in "I cannot believe you were so nice". Also, I have exactly the same model in question (Iris V3) so now I am confused as to exactly what you meant to say...

Please accept my apologies for me inadvertently misconstruing your statement.

I was venting some frustration I experienced getting my keypads paired with ST and HE.