Iris Keypad v3

@mike.maxwell Absolutely LOVE the new Iris Keypad Drivers. KUDOS!!! A couple of observations:

1. With the V3 keypad, if I use the "beep" function sometimes I get one, sometimes I get two. At first I thought it was tied to first command versus second command but further testing proved that untrue. It seems random.

2. When I arm-away HSM from HE, I am able to cancel arming from one of the keypads (v2 and V3) and that in turn disarms the other keypad. At this point both keypads are in sync. However, HE still displays as Armed Away and alarms still trigger. If I cancel during arming from HE, then it cancels the keyboard countdowns and leaves HSM disarmed, correctly. Also, when I go back in and then disarm HE from the App's page, the keypads finish their armed-away countdown and are armed-away even though HSM is now disarmed. There seems to be something going on with this situation.

3. During Delayed-Intrusion there is a noticeable delay between entering the code on the V3 keypad and the system disarming. So much so that the alarm went off on me several times while i was testing it. I believe this might be related to how the beeping. It seems to be VERY close together...almost too much so at this point. Which brings me to my next point.

4. The beeping for delayed arm-away and delayed-intrusion on the v3 keypad is great to have but it's very overwhelming. Especially for delayed armed away. 1 every other or every 3rd second until the last 10 seconds is plenty, IMHO, for delay-armed-away and for delayed armed intrusion. There is so much beeping now that I might go back to the Centralite driver for my V3 keypad. I have it on the lowest volume setting and it's a big much.

5. The Alarm function on the v3 is VERY inconsistent to control. During one of my accidental alarm triggers during testing, my Dome siren shut off immediately and continual presses to the off command on the device edit page did nothing. It went off for close to a minute. I as on my way to pull the batteries when it finally stopped. Don't know if this also has to do with the multiple commands being sent to it for the beeping but I won't be using the siren function on this one I'm pretty sure. Don't know if there's anything that can be done but thought I would mention it.

That's all for now. I'll prolly have a bunch more when I start digging into it further. If you want me to pull any logs or anything feel free to reach out here or by PM. Thanks for all the improvements. It's definitely getting better. Just a few rough edges that need sanding down at this point. Really great work!!

@tebiv1, where did you find the Dome siren? I have been trying to order one, but everywhere I have looked is sold out. Don't know what is going on with them.

I found a used one on Amazon -- add this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M1NLPKZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 to your wish list and if one becomes available you will get a notice. The company said they are sold out for now.

Zooz's store thesmartesthouse.com got a batch in today. Got one order and shipped.

Thanks,

I didn't see anything in the 2.08 documentation regarding driver updates for Iris V3 keypads. Were the issues addressed with this update?

Yes,

1 Like

Thanks Mike.

Thanks @mike.maxwell!!! Looks like 2.08 fixed all the issues I listed. You are the best!!!

Just in time for my v3 to arrive. Sweeeet. :+1:

1 Like

There's still issues per the release notes...

Where are those listed? I don't see anything called out in the 2.0.8 release on the forum.

It's listed under HSM, that's where the issue lives...

Oh...yeah. I don't ever arm home or night from the keypad so I didn't even know about those. But all the issue I had listed above seem to have been fixed (whether you had noticed I posted them or not). :slight_smile:

1 Like

Scratch that...it appears that the Beep command now doesn't work for v2 or v3 keypads. Both are beeping during exit delay but the independent command Beep doesn't seem to work anymore.

I'll look at that, worked when I tested it...

Nope...just tried it again. For the v2, when I change back to the Centralite driver beep works fine. But with the new v2 driver, i only get a beep if I do a "configure" first. So, if I hit configure then beep, I get a beep. If I hit configure then hit beep and wait and hit beep again, i do not get a 2nd beep. So, pressing configure gets you one beep but the 2nd and subsequent commands get no beep.

The v3 beeps with the Centalite driver but never with the v3 keypad driver.

Using the v2 driver in a v2 keypad, I only get beeps using arm away or off. once you use the partial button (arm home) the keypad is silenced forever. Both commands, configure and beep, do not make any sound at, but the keypad acknowledges both beep and configure with it's lights. Also, after partial, the volume buttons do not work, at all.
I can still arm and disarm but the keypad is mute.

Switching back to the centralite driver and using configure command, I now have sound back, so I suspect the driver is the issue.
3405-L keypads

I just tried with my V2 and i saw something very odd. When I first armed_home from the keypad it did not beep to signal disarming but did beep for each key press. But the second time I did it it beeped fine. Also, the first time I armed_away from HE, I did not get the delayed_arming beep. But the second time I did.

So, @mike.maxwell, I definitely think there is an issue with the v2 driver at this point.

Jumping in on this. I have two v2 IRIS 3405-L keypads using the v2 IRIS keypad driver running latest firmware that have appeared to lost their beep capability in certain circumstances. Key pad presses and arming count downs do not beep at all. Armed status does do a beep code combo but it sounds weaker than before. I also notice the keypad presses that now do not beep, make a faint "click" sound...almost like the speaker cannot output sound properly. Let me know if I can help in some way.

I just installed the recent update and changed my Iris V3 keypad to the new driver. It works fine, but beeps nonstop until it arms hsm. Same when I disarm, it beeps until I enter my code to disarm. I have the keypad on the lowest volume and it is obnoxious. Is there a way to limit the beeping. One or two beeps would be nice!