Iris Keypad v3

Is there any way to update the firmware, or modify the driver so they will? They make other noises when arming and disarming.

As I've mentioned already, once the hobbled firmware version arrives, I'll take a look, until then, and until I do an update it shall remain broken...

There is no way I know of to update the firmware.

3 Likes

As info for those of you that have the keypad with the hobbled firmware, I have sent one of mine to @mike.maxwell today. He should get it Monday or so and hopefully he can create a workaround for us that have the weird ones.

3 Likes

Thank you both!!!!

I have on that I changed it to the Iris v3 Keypad driver and it worked however the batteries died after less than a week most likely because the lights on the keypad wouldn't turn off.

There is a trick for the stuck light from 3/11/19 It may work for V3 as I have that one too and worked for us.

1 Like

Are you kidding? That was really generous of you!! Hopefully it will lead to to gaining proper chiming functions/beeping at some point. Thanks, dude!

1 Like

Many folks have had their hair turn grey, have gone bald, or totally lost their mind, while attempting to get a keypad fully paired.

Also what works for one keypad model, maybe not quite work with your model or firmware version.

I think you misunderstood my expression. I meant "are you kidding" as in "I cannot believe you were so nice". Also, I have exactly the same model in question (Iris V3) so now I am confused as to exactly what you meant to say...

Please accept my apologies for me inadvertently misconstruing your statement.

I was venting some frustration I experienced getting my keypads paired with ST and HE.

No worries. I really wish they get to the bottom of these issues though. My V3 has started displaying a strange behavior where I can turn off Partial mode at the keypad, get the chime that tells me the command was accepted (and the keypad correctly lights up the OFF key letting me know the system is disarmed) yet if I open a door I get the countdown I set up for AWAY mode (which I set up but which should not be activated since the keypad shows the system is OFF). If I don't try to turn off the system at the keypad at this time, the alarm/sirens get activated. There is obviously some delay between the command being received and the action being executed, but then why should the keypad respond as if it correctly received/registered the mode change? Frustrating...

My keypads IrisV2 and Centralite V2 remain on Smarthings with my SHM Delay SmartApp, everything else moved to HE. Hopefully 2.0.9 will fix all of the keypad issues.

One can only hope...

Part of the issue here is that what gets reported problematically is usually the overall stated objective.
As with all debugging endivours, app and driver behavior needs to be separated.

Does the keypad do on its own from the driver what you expect it to do, and then and only then can we look at the interraction(s) with applications.

I have an Iris V2 that I used with the HE Iris V2 DH.

• It stops making sounds after or during entering a pin (that worked)
  • Sounds return after holding the 2 key
  • Same behavior continued
  • I stopped testing at this point.

We do not set the volume on these, there is no zigbee command for that.
Holding the 2 button increases the volume, that's not something the driver has any access to, not in HE, Iris or ST.

I understand your comments, however as strange as it may seem, that is what occurs. I received the keypad from another user who experienced the same behavior on HE after the last driver update.

HOLD THE PRESSES!!!

After the 2.09 update, all my V3 keypads started beeping when the mode changes. They still do not beep to announce if a door opens or closes, and still do not beep when clicking on the "beep" box under their device settings, but at least now they do announce mode changes (interestingly, they use a multi chime when arming and a single/double beep when disarming). Either way, this is progress and a welcomed improvement because I had grown accustomed to hearing a reassuring chime in the morning letting me know the system had disarmed.

Hi friends, just wondering @mike.maxwell did you have any luck with the keypad @spalexander68 sent you?
I just picked up 2 of these off ebay... they both seem to have the bum firmware (show up as "device" when pairing) when using the Iris v3 driver. I did mess around, if I use the centralite driver, beep works...

using the Centralite, Iris v1, v2, or v3 driver, I have a pretty significant delay before anything happens, but I think that's something else entirely... (for instance, press On... wait a minute... perhaps 2, then the keypad chirps and on may or may not light up, and HSM may or may not actually arm)

1 Like

Same here - purchased 2 of these off eBay, shows up as device when paired and has the old firmware. I can get most of the functions I need by selecting Iris V3 manually, just not beeping.

edit: Using the Iris V3 device handler manually causes the Keypad to fall off the zigbee mesh eventually. They keypad does a weird double beep and goes into pairing mode again automatically. I re-paired with hubitat, let's see if it lasts. Strange device,,

I'm getting the same delay, in saying that a reboot of the hub and it all works for a day or so, then overnight it slows again, I go to disarm in the morning and it wont for two or three tries and then will with a long delay, 30 seconds or so. About to give up on the keypad as everything else is still instant although I do notice a slight delay in the dashboard (going from one to another) as well and this normally means the keypad will no longer work reliably. Mine paired as device and I use the Iris V3 driver. Works well for a day or so until the slight slow down and then seems like it times out or something.