Iris key fob - presence issue

So I picked one up to test and as a button controller itā€™s fine but the ā€˜presenceā€™ function leaves a lot to be desired

It ā€˜times outā€™ presence after a set time - max in the driver is 5m so it is fairly useless as a presence sensor for rules or pistons

From what I can see pressing a button does not refresh the presence either ... which logically I would expect - if the button was pressed on the zigbee mesh it would follow that the fob is present

@patrick is that something that can be done in the driver? On button press set presence to present... preferably customizeable by button?

Ex press the exit button do not set presence press the home button set presence?

Just thinking things through out loud

@mike.maxwell any thoughts? I don't have the iris key fob.

1 Like

OK, firstly, the way these work:
The device checks in every 20 seconds, the presence timeout timer restarts every time the device checks in.
When the presence timeout timer expires, presence is set to departed.
So if you have the presence timeout set to 2 minutes, then two minutes after the last check in presence will be set to departed.
When the device checks in again, presence is set to arrived.

If the fob you're using paired as a device, and you manually switched to this driver, and you didn't hit configure in the driver details, the fob isn't going to report as it should.

To verify that the fob is reporting, enable debug logging, you should see events like these in your live logs:

if you're not seeing these, hit configure in the driver.

1 Like

Thanks for the info - I;ll test around when i get home... The Fob was 'automagically' detected properly so I'll dig into the logs more :slight_smile:

Actually, via the magic of VPN and someone @ home to push a button just for my mental needs... It seems to be working after I hit configure 2x ... maybe 1 would have worked and i was impatient :slight_smile:

I'll keep an eye on it over the weekend to make sure i dont see the weird behavior (going not present after a few min) but so far i think its resolved :beers:

thank you

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.