Iris Fallout Boy - Very Happy!

I'm one of those on the life boats when Lowe's abandoned ship, and very nearly went with ST. One of my new platform research tasks was bringing over my home's built-in sensors (which I will always prefer ascetically). That lead me to Konnected's website and it was there I discovered Hubitat, thank goodness! Once my konnected kit comes I'll be able to migrate the rest of my 45 devices, other than those I'm up and running on Hubitat. I have a single "would be nice" feature request, other than that I'm super happy!

Relates to Dashboard, my thermostat tile is status only, and my HSM tile is status and control. I wish I had the option to reverse their roles.

My reason, I intend to leave a tablet on our kitchen counter for monitoring and control of the house, but it's not really ideal if that tablet can be used to disarm the security system with no pin code (that's what my keypads at each door are for). It would be nice however if my wife could adjust the thermostat on the tablet (friendlier interface and allows remote control).

Well done Hubitat, you folks are awesome!

Dennis

4 Likes

What kinds of sensors does your home have built-in? :smiley:

Dashboard improvements are coming soon, including a thermostat tile.

You can use the Attribute tile to get the HSM status. Access hsmStatus on dashboard?

New HSM and Mode tiles for dashboard will feature an optional numeric pin to change them.

4 Likes

Every door (front door, mudroom, patio, and deck) have sensors built into the jam, and then I have six glass break sensors mounted in my ceilings throughout the house. All of them terminated in a 90's vintage alarm system when we bought the house. I migrated them to Iris by soldering wires across the reed switch in their V1 contact sensors. Konnected's kit didn't exist back then but it'll be awesome in my revamped home system!

1 Like

Awesome, thanks!!

Just realized my post was kind of misleading. I have a total of 45 devices, ten of which are built into the house. Not 45 built in sensors! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I already know what your are going to say, but I'd be remiss if I didn't ask........ How soon?

You know the answer, No ETA... When it's ready. :slight_smile:

Can’t blame me for trying. Lol

2 Likes