Iris 3210-l integration issue

To exclude the z-wave repeater of the 3210-L, I have always brought the outlet to the same room as the Hubitat hub. Then, started the device specific exclusion process and immediately press the button on the outlet 8 times as quickly as possible.

3 Likes

[Edit- No longer Available]
Get the lot price on the 3210-l on ebay while it lasts, seller is showing 2 lots of 5 left.

1 Like

With the plugs, move them close to the hub. Bobby told me the other day that a device needs to talk directly to the hub to exclude. So I took one that was being difficult and plugged it in a few feet away from the hub and when I excluded it, I tapped 8 times fast on the button (as not to let the power status change from on to off or vise versa). I tapped, waited a few seconds, tapped, waited, tapped, repeat .. and they excluded. What also happened to me was that my aeotec multi 6 excluded too. haha. That was a bitch to pair again.

2 Likes

Let me just say that I had 10 of these on my network and I was experiencing some major issues. I removed the z-wave repeaters, repaired my network and everything is running spiffy agian. I'm not going to knock these, but maybe the zwave side isn't as friendly as the zigbee. Just sayin. I don't plan on pairing mine up again.

1 Like

April... do you know what firmware version your on with all of these? I remember reading that these actually used the zigbee to properly join/pair the zwave, and that there were complaints that some firmware versions caused havoc with the zwave

FYI - here is an old post with what I believed to be the latest firmware versions of these devices just before Iris was shut down. You can determine the firmware version by pairing these devices with SmartThings and looking in their web IDE. There may be some custom Hubitat drivers that also expose the firmware version, but I am not sure about that.

1 Like

Has anyone seen this warning on their Iris Repeater.

What does it mean?

dev:1632020-04-15 10:48:55.713 warnDID NOT PARSE MESSAGE for description : catchall: 0000 8038 00 00 0040 00 3A01 00 00 0000 00 00 000000F8FF072300100010C5B0BCA8A9ACC6C7CABDC3B1B4ABA6A9

I just got a new C-7 Hub and started the process of moving my repeater devices over from Smartthings. I was able to connect my my Iris 3120-L smart plugs as a Zigbee device, but I was have a lot of trouble getting Hubitat to discover the Z-Wave Repeater device. I discovered some helpful suggestions on how to pair the Z-Wave part, where people were suggesting you need to click the on/off button 8 times to get the hub to see the device. I was clicking the button 8 times with the blue light on the device going on and off each time, but I learned that you shouldn't do that. You need to press the the button 8 times really fast, such that the blue light never turns off. When I did that, the device showed up as a Z-Wave repeater in hubitat.

3 Likes

Be careful with using the 3210-L on the Zwave side. If its not running the latest firmware it may cause problems with your mesh. Its discussed in the thread that @ogiewon linked earlier. If its actually an 3210-L2 you can disregard.

Just something to keep in mind

2 Likes

Thanks for the warning. I believe it is the 3210-L (not the -L2) and I seem to be running the latest firmware (0x20085010) when I check my Smartthings IDE after pairing. So, hopefully I'll be ok with my Z-Wave Mesh.

1 Like

After Iris was shutdown, I'm not aware of any way to update the Firmware on the 3210-L. If there is, hopefully some of the others will chime in.

1 Like

I have successfully got it to pair as Zigbee Plug and Zwave repeater.

On the Zigbee side, do I have to set it as a repeater? Or does it automatically repeat as a plug?

It automatically repeats for both Zigbee and Z-wave with no special drivers required for either protocol. The built-in Zigbee and Z-wave drivers are fine, IMHO.

1 Like

Is there any way to have only the Power draw recorded in the log and not the voltage?

Service to the house (voltage) is very stable, it's the power draw that I am interested in

In the device settings of the Iris Smart Plug driver from @srwhite the "Amount of voltage changes..." appears to affect both voltage and power logging

Thanks, but you do have to have two devices installed correct? One for the Zwave? one for the Zigbee Plug?

Admittedly I donโ€™t know how the device actually works, but Iโ€™d guess that power is calculated from the voltage and amperage the device actually measures.

P = V x I

1 Like

You have to first pair the Zigbee portion of the outlet. Then pair the Z-wave repeater portion. You end up with two devices on your hub.

Should be simple to comment out the sendEvent or creatEvent call that is responsible for the voltage events, since youโ€™re using a custom driver.

OR, just use the built-in Hubitat driver for the outlet as it only reports Power, not Voltage.

2 Likes

I have one device for the Z-Wave Repeater using the "Iris Z-Wave Repeater" device type, and another device for the Outlet using the "Generic Zigbee Outlet" device type.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.