Iris 3210-l integration issue

Ok THAT was the key. The 3 seconds. VERY important. @sank did you get that?

1 Like

Just did a second one. First try! Nice!

2 Likes

Glad you hung on and got it working. I have never waited. Just quickly hit the button 8x after plugging back in the outlet, however that could be one of the differences in the firmware versions.

1 Like

Yeah, once you figure out the first one, the rest seem to come easy.

2 Likes

THAT! .... Good thing I have a laptop I can take with me when I go on these wild rides. HA!

Now that you have them paired you may want to check out these drivers from @srwhite. Their is one for z-wave and one zigbee.

Enhanced Smartplug Driver

1 Like

Hmm .. do you think I could use this plug to detect when alexa wakes up?

[EDIT}
Driver loaded. Thanks for sharing that.

1 Like

I am guessing you mean when she starts listening to you would their be enough of a wattage change to record that as an event? I wouldn't think that Alexa would draw enough extra wattage when listening, but of course you could test, and of course report back.

Your welcome and of course thanks to @srwhite and his amazing contributions to the community.

1 Like

See, I want to activate a light when Alexa lights up. She's in an obscure corner of the house, so I don't usually see her when I have notifications. So I thought that if I could trigger a light on her wake word, that would also be kinda cool. Can't have alexa trigger anything in routines on just her name. It sucks! I'll check it out. I have a plug that I can test on.

There is an LED detection device that gets mention quite a bit. May work for that.

[Edited to include device name/link]
HomeSeer HS-FS100-L Z-Wave Indicator

1 Like

Well, Alexa is telling me a story and the power isn't changing. That sucks.

1 Like

Had a feeling it would be to small to detect, but thanks for reporting back.

1 Like

Hmm ... this looks interesting. The price hurts a bit for what I want to use it for. Can you use wildcards to trigger routines in the alexa app? Do you know?

Going to have to punt to the community for an answer here. I only use my google home to tell me things like my stair gate being left open, water leak, etc. I have only one alexa and the truth is that we only ever used it to tell us Jimmy Fallon jokes. She has the upper hand when it comes to jokes.

1 Like

I agree on the price, I looked at it for a second when automating dryer notifications but went with a vibration sensor that was half the price from smartthings.

There is a post in the community someone looking for vibration sensors for a lighting app for their stairs. Perhaps you could visit there and put in your two cents?

1 Like

I think we lost @sank a couple of hours ago. I'm sure they'll post something after a good night's slumber since we basically solved it. One helluva community if I don't mind saying. :grin:

1 Like

Will have to go ask some additional questions and maybe do some testing with my spare multi purpose sensor depending on what exactly he is trying to do.

1 Like

My steps are lit. I used a couple of Iris's and an led strip. Done.

1 Like

Lol, just recommended the iris motion sensors with the tube that @mike.maxwell modified as that seems like a more solid automation.

1 Like