ipDataTel, vista 20P, options?

I have found several threads for different options to gain access to the door switches already attached to a Visa 20p alarm panel. The most promising so far appears to be AlarmDecoder… However, I already have an IP interface device attached to the Vista panel, it is the ipDataTel BAT. Has anyone tried / been able to talk to this hardware through the LAN with their habitat hub? I don't know if the ipDataTel hardware will talk to other equipment or if there has ever been a Hubitat interface (drive/app) created that could talk to it.

I am also looking for this information. I have a DSC PC1616 attached to ipDataTel BAT WiFi.

Some time (this year?) they are going to sunset the 3G BAT. There is a new model that uses 4G and is supposed to be more automation enabled. However, I have not yet found out if it will want to be in control of the devices or if it will play nice with other hubs.

I am looking at Konnected.io to parallel my current DSC panel. Was hoping the existing BAT would allow me to somehow read the open & motion zones, but I think it would only trigger on alarms. Konnected will do exactly what I want for around $200, but I don't know if I want it that bad. Might be happy with reading some contact closures off the zone screws.

I quit using my ipdatatel a long time ago, but I'm watching this thread because I still have it, and I'm always open to other options.
If you're willing to consider other options, checkout the envisalink from eyezon:

1 Like