IP Control of Hubitat from Control4 or other systems

I would like to be able to send commands to the Hubitat controller through IP from a Control4 system over my local network. This way I can expand the base of devices the Control4 can operate.

My intention is to trigger a device, scene or automation programmed into the Hubitat controller by sending an IP command from the Control4 over the local network.

An example is I create a button on a C4 touch panel and when it is pressed it sends an IP command to turn on a light connected to the Hubitat controller.

I have the ability to send custom commands from the C4 system. I would like to know if Hubitat can respond to them. If so is there a protocol document for the Hubitat controller?

Can you initiate HTTP requests? And parse resonses? In Control4. Or perhaps a better way to put it would be, what options do you have for initiating communication from within Control4?

Hubitat can interact with external IP systems via Maker API, which is fully documented in the Hubitat documentation.

1 Like

I have a C4 driver to send and receive TCP commands. I can use that to send commands to the Hubitat.

Features

• HTTP commands
    • Supports URL encoded usernames, passwords and ports
  • HTTP events
    • Control Control4 with an infinite number of web events. Integrate camera motion detection, camera line crossing, iPhone shortcuts, iPhone Siri and more.
  • TCP commands
    • Definable IP Address, Port and Command
    • Command can contain special character delimiters such as carriage returns or line feeds (eg \r\n).
  • Wake-On LAN command
    • Can be used to wake up a sleeping or powered off device that supports wake on lan (eg computers or NAS drives).
  • Can be used to quickly integrate devices not normally integrated within Control4’s driver wizard by adding tcp commands to their events page.
2 Likes

Hi,
Thanks for the fast reply. That is just what I was looking for.

2 Likes

Love to see a straight forward integration to C4.
I have my son converted from ST to HE but the house they bought last year was all C4 so there are so many lights that have no access unless he starts ripping out C4 switches etc.

Did anyone get a working 2-way conversation happening to integrate C4 to HE?
Doing Groovy and TCP/Maker stuff if a little beyond this 65 year old programmer analyst :rofl: